Chapter 20

|Flashback|

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

|Flashback|

Kids at my age started to throw sand on me when they saw that I'm alone, not like them, they're with their mother but mostly with their father.

Today is father's day and I'm here at the playground trying to walk away from all the people at the court since our school has a "Father's Day Event", an event where complete families have the privilege to enjoy the whole event.

I didn't tell anyone about this event to any of my family, I just need to finish this then I'm good to go home.

"Why are you still even here?! you don't have dad!". One of the kids threw a small rock and hit my forehead. When they saw it started to bleed they all ran away and left me alone here.

I didn't cry, I didn't show any emotion, I just took all those hurtful words and their wrong action. I'm too tired to argue back.

I walked towards the swing and sat down while wiping the blood that came down my face with the scarf I have.

The gate of the playground made a sound that made my head look up. My smile appeared when I saw who it.

"You didn't fight back again...". I smile bitterly. He walked closer to the swing and get the handkerchief in his pocket.

"From now on, I'm going to fight them back. I'm going to protect you, Lou". He started to gently wipe the blood on my forehead.

"But you have to fight back too. Don't let them do this to you, they don't have any rights. We're going to fight back, right?". I nodded like I always do when I'm not sure or don't know what to say.

"Thank you, Wonie". I giggled because I know that whatever happens he's going to be my hero.

|End of Flashback|

"Dr. Lee...". The first words that came out of my mouth.

I'm out of words, only his name. I really don't know but something in my stomach made me feel uneasy.

"Oh, I guess you're in that seminar too". He said while looking around the classroom.

"I'm sorry to bother you, I'm finding the restroom but I forgot where it is, can I ask?". I just looked at him, not answering.

"I... think you're not available, I'm sorry for the inconvenienc-"

"You're my father-". He stopped turning around halfway when I talked.

"Sorry?". This time I went back to my normal self and got back to my right mind.

"I'm sorry! I'm really sorry! I mean- not you of course since I don't know you so basically I was mistaken". I said in the fastest way I know and then took a deep breath.