The Worst Of The Hurt

Start from the beginning

The wolves were in their human forms charging for the man in front of them. The plan was simple. They surrounded Callan from all sides making it hard for him to escape. As they moved forward closing in on the distance they were taken by surprise for Callan just didn't show any signs of surrender. He slowly looked at the sky and closed his eyes with a teasing smile on his face. 

Before any one of the wolves could even register, a shrilling sound of the ravens scream boomed throughout.

The raven circled her master and multiplied itself at a rapid speed. Every wolf eye on the ground was wide with astonishment. It was the fear of the unknown in them. Arthur ordered his men to hold their ground and attack. However his plan shattered when the wolves were helpless to respond to the strikes made by the bird. Every time she descended, she made sure that her enemy felt the agony of her hit. It was becoming unbearable for the wolves to handle the sharp claws and beaks. Witnessing the apathy of his men Arthur ordered them to retreat.

Just as the raven was gaining momentum Arthur came up with a plan of his own. He gathered a few skilled warriors and was prepared with his darts and bows. One by one the flying birds which surrounded the human were being shot down. All but one.

Arthur was about to shoot the last bird but a gush of powerful wind misdirected his position and he missed.

Callan looked concerned as he ordered the raven to take her human form.

Arthur could not believe what he saw. The last remaining bird transformed herself into a beautiful lady with long black hair. She was his mate. He connected the dots and understood that Callan was the reason he met her. That Callan was the man who encouraged their relationship. That Callan was indeed the master his mate was so proud of.

Isadora stood protectively in from of her master shielding the sight of the wolves. This sparked an insurmountable jealousy within an already angered Orcus. The alpha growled and charged towards the lady as fast as he could.

"No.. Not this time." Callan whispered.

As he said those words he quickly twisted his palm and a large boulder uprooted from the ground. The rock levitated mid air and shredded into smaller stones as it paced towards every wolf on the ground.

The stones hit them left and right and the warriors were wounded by the assault. Arthur ordered his men to be safe and take cover. However his worry only accelerated when he saw the madness in Einar's eyes. The alpha was holding his own while moving forward amid the bashing of the rocks.

"Protect Archer. I will take care of him" Callan instructed the lady.

Isadora obeyed the order at once and was off the ground. Einar on the other side was getting restless. He growled mightily before giving in his control to his wolf completely.

The black wolf howled and snarled at Callan. He wanted to dominate him, keep him under his command. He moved stead fast as the rain of stones barely affected him.

When Callan saw the black wolf approaching he gritted his teeth once again. He slowly joined his little finger to his thumb and moved his hands to his right. Orcus fumbled in his steps as the earth shook. The trees and rocks were creating a divergence between them. It was as if the land was separating in two parts.

No one could believe what they saw. The earth was cracking!

Orcus' will was not shaken though. He took two steps back and leaped ahead to bounce on his feet and jump on the other side. He bared his teeth to Callan and went for his feet. However even before going there Callan lifted himself up in the air and circled the wolf in a tornado of gushing water out of nowhere.