83

Song For This Chapter:
Marvin Gaye- Charlie Puth and Meghan Trainor

"Let's Marvin Gaye and get it on
You got that healing that I want
Just like they say it in the song
Until the dawn"

---

Harry's POV:

"What's behind your back" I question in an accusing tone, though a cheesy grin still present on my face.

"Nothing, mind your business" Darlene replies, sounding out of breath from all her laughing, slowly continuing to back away from me.

I just raise a warning eyebrow at her, she's still acting cocky as if she isn't covered in icing right now. To be fair, I am as well but not as bad as her. I have a height advantage I have to admit catching her isn't that difficult.

"I've never been very good at that" I reply with a shrug before lunging forward. But instead of running away like I expected her to, she stays put quickly revealing the item behind her back, a cupcake. One that is now heading straight towards my face.

It's her angelic giggles that drive me back to reality after the cold frosting was smushed against my cheek. I was not expecting that one, I'll give her that.

She's running past me now, back into the kitchen and I already know it's to grab more which is why I'm quick to catch up to her.

By the time I get to her, she has two frosted cupcakes in her hands but before she can spin around I'm grabbing her wrists and forcing them towards herself.

"Harry no!" Darlene squeals, and I wish I could fully see the giant smile on her face right now. God I'll never get over that damn smile of hers.

"Sorry what was that?" I question in faux confusion before forcing her to crush the cupcakes against her own face. I'm then spinning her towards me so I can see the damage. Her mouth is agape in shock, yet there is still a smile gracing her appearance.

"You got it on my sweatshirt" She says with a amused pout after a few seconds of gaining her composure.

"I'd feel a little bit bad if that sweatshirt wasn't actually mine" I point out, raising an eyebrow at her.

She tries to give me an unamused look but can't seem to fight off the smile that wants to take over her face. But what I did not expect was for her to wiggle out of my grip and begin taking the sweater off.

"Here" She exclaims as she begins bunching up the fabric in her hands, "you can have it back now, wasn't much my style anyway"

Before she goes to extend her hand towards me, she uses the fabric to wipe her face semi clean, making her rosy cheeks much more visible now. But I stubbornly refuse to retrieve the item from her hands when she finally presents it forward causing her to raise and eyebrow at me. My actions only causes her to shrug before she drops the sweatshirt from her grip so it falls at both our feet.

When she reaches for another cupcake I automatically take a stepback causing Darlene to chuckle,

"Oh relax" She exclaims letting out a giggle before her fingers begin to meticulously peel the wrapping off the cupcake, "figured I should try one of these things instead of wearing it"

I just raise a wary eyebrow at her, I don't fully trust her motives. Once she senses my distrust she just rolls her eyes playfully before monivering herself so she's sitting on the counter. When she is settled she looks back to me, raising her arms up in surrender before casually taking a bite of the cupcake.