42

Song For This Chapter:

Girl Like Me-Will Joseph Cook

"Now looking back, I guess it was kinda hazy
Got me caught up and frustrated in love
Looking back, how did things always get so heavy?
Always escalating every touch"

------

Darlene's Pov:

"Maya please" I say as we all walk through the airport. I ended up driving us here, not wanting to put even more pressure on Niall, it's the least I can do.

"Darlene" She sighs, the two of us are walking behind Harry and Niall, far enough away where they can't hear our conversation.

"I can't put up with him for 8 hours in a confined space, I'm going to go insane" I say groaning at the thought.

"It's not going to be that bad, plus there's a layover so it's not like it's going to be 8 consistent hours" She tries to reason with me.

"Why can't I just sit next to you" I plead, I really don't think I can handle Harry for that long. I'll end up losing my patience and going off on him by hour three.

"It's not going to be that bad, you'll be fine"

"Okay than you sit with him for the 8 hours and I'll sit with Niall" I state a-matter-of-factly

"No" She responds hesitantly. Point proven.

"So why can't we just stick Niall with him and call it a day" I argue.

"Because I want to sit next to Niall, Darlene." She huffs, hating that she had to say it outloud. It's not like I didn't already know that.

But Maya really isn't budging on this, I thought she was my friend. Traitor, I've been replaced with Niall. I want them to get as much time together, I really do but this circumstance is different.

"I have to share a room with him already and now you're making me sit next to him. I'll remember this" I say pointing an accusing finger at her.

Harry looks over his shoulder his eyebrows furrowed in confusion,

"Keep up you two" He jokes. It is 7 in the morning, I do not have time to put up with him. I can only taken him in small quantities of time.

I groan and pick up my pace until Maya and I are caught up with them, the sound of my suitcase rolling increasing in volume. I'm dreading this flight, I just feel like he's going to annoy me on purpose. He's way to awake right now, he has too much energy. I'm just exhausted and cranky, I don't wanna take it out of him. But he knows how to push all the right buttons.

Harry must see the upset look on my face because he leans down placing his arm on my shoulder,

"You okay?" He asks lowly in my ear, using an actual sympathetic voice.

I hate to say my annoyance already went down substantially just by him checking on me. He really makes my moods change so fast, it gives me whiplash.

"Yeah" I nod with a soft smile on my face, "just tired" I lie, I'm tired but that wasn't why I was annoyed. If he acts like this for the flight I'll have no issues. Sometimes I just have to be reminded that he's not trying to annoy me all the time.