1

Song For This Chapter:

Carolina-Harry Styles

"How would I tell her that she's all I think about?

Well I guess she just found out"

---------

A/N: Before we get started I just wanted to say hi! I hope you enjoy the story. I am not a writer by any means this is just for fun, but I publishing it here in case there's someone out there who would enjoy it. I don't have a face claim for Darlene atm but I picture her as a brunette if that helps at all! I also picture Frat Boy Harry, because they are college age!

Also give it a couple chapters, it gets a lot more interesting later on I PROMISE. I'm writing this message after I've already written the first 15!

------

The sun beating down on me was deathening. I swear I'm going to eventually die from heat exhaustion from this job.

You would think working as a lifeguard would mean I could easily cool down but we're rarely in the water. I've been working here for almost two months and I've only had to jump in the water twice. So much for all that training.

But I needed a job while on summer break from college and they were hiring. I figured it was simple enough, I've always been a good swimmer anyways.

It's only 9am and the heat is already unbearable, which means the pool is going to be packed today, and that is going to make my day in general, unbearable. At least I'm working with my favorite co-worker today. Niall and I met through work and he makes a shift less torturous.

I finish uncovering the pool, trying to set up as fast as possible so I can sit in a shade for a bit before we open.

Now I just have to open up all the umbrellas, which there are a lot of. It's annoying to do, because it's extremely tedious.

"Hey darling" I jump at the voice, snapping my head towards it. Once I see who it is my eyes immediately roll, I cannot do this right now.

I cannot pair heat exhaustion with the mental exhaustion this man will cause me.

"Stop calling me that, If I have to tell you again- wait why are you even here?" I huff before furrowing my eyebrows. Did he come here just to annoy me? I wouldn't be surprised.

The curly haired boy smirks at my response.

"Covering for Niall, why? Not happy to see me?"

I throw my head back and groan, as if my day couldn't get anymore unbearable. The least Niall could've done was given me a heads up.

"Harry?" I ask in an annoyed tone, really not having the patience right now. This shift would've been torture already and having to work with him is the icing on the cake.

"What?" He asks with a satisfied look on his face.

"Shut the hell up" I smile at him before turning back around and continuing to open up the umbrellas.

The shift hasn't even technically started yet and I already cannot wait for it to end. Out of everyone that Niall could have asked to cover him he asked Harry.

He knows how much I can't stand him. Wait-now thinking about it Niall may have done this on purpose...that little asshole.

Probably why he didn't tell me he was sick.