81

Song For This Chapter:

So Far Away x Kiss Me mashup (slowed)

Kiss me like the world is gonna disappear
I'm a better person when I have you here
Oh I, I, I got you and I, I can get through

------

Darlene's POV

It's been five days since Harry and I's run in at Cherry's. His reassurance did ease some of my stress but it doesn't make this situation any less hard.

I miss him...a lot.

But he kept his promise, he hasn't tried to contact me. He stopped sitting next to me in astronomy, he's giving me space. Space I know we need, more so for his sake than mine. 

It's crazy how the thought of him avoiding me would've been a positive thing for me at one point. When I first started working at the pool that's all I wanted, I wanted him to leave me alone.

I've been avoiding my apartment as much as I can recently, I just spend my time doing some sort of studying on campus. Whether it's outside or inside. It may be relatively cold out but it means less people will be sitting at those tables. I like the quiet. But I also like knowing that there's people around, if I'm at my apartment I'm completely alone with my thoughts.

Today was one of the days I chose to sit outside, grabbing myself a hot chocolate from the cafeteria. The taste of hot cocoa it's comforting to me.

 It reminds me the days where I'd go outside and play in the snow with my neighbors for hours. Then when it was getting a bit too dark, going inside and taking all my snow gear off, making me feel ten times lighter, hanging them near the fireplace to dry. With my rosy cheeks, red nose, and numb fingers; despite wearing gloves, I'd make my way to the kitchen where my Mom already had a cup of hot chocolate ready for me like clockwork.

The way the simple drink would warm me up, ending my fun day outside in the perfect way. 

So that's why I love to drink it in the cold, it warms me up. Reminds me of winter, Christmas, my family, my childhood and  all the good and innocent memories that come along with it. 

I need all the comfort I can get right now.

I pull my laptop from my backpack, opening the document I was working on yesterday. I've been brainstorming ideas for the screenplay we're going to have to write for my film class. It's not that I don't have ideas, it's that I have too many and I can't decide. 

I keep telling myself to keep brainstorming because when the right story comes to mind, it should stand out among the other ones. 

I watch the cursor blink on my screen, taunting me. Yelling at me to make another idea, to type out the perfect concept.

I huff in defeat when my mind reels with ideas, none of them satisfying me enough to belong on my list. I grab my drink, taking a sip before squinting down at my screen again. Trying to fully concentrate.

But my thoughts are interrupted when I hear the chair screech against the concrete, causing me to flick my eyes in the direction of the sound. It's directly across the table from me, and the culprit is none other than Zayn Malik.

Once he's fully seated, I just stare at him for a second before diverting my eyes back to my screen. An idea pops into my head and I reach into my bag to grab my headphones out so I don't even have to hear what he has to say.