44

Song For This Chapter:

Electric Love-Borns

"And every night my mind is running around her
Thunder's getting louder and louder and louder"

------

Darlene's POV:

"Harry stop you're making me nervous" I say as his face is practically on my shoulder, looking at the slot machine. I'm currently playing the Wheel of Fortune one. I ended up getting the match that allows you to spin the wheel so apparently that means they can invade my personal space.

I already won $200 for just matching on the slot, but that's before you subtract what I've spent playing it.

Niall Maya and Harry are all crowding around me, pausing their plans for whatever machine they were about to go on. I'm sitting in the chair in front of it while they're all standing up watching over my shoulder.

"Darlene spin the wheel already" Harry says in anticipation, finally taking a step back. I'm fucking nervous, I could win anywhere from $100 dollars to $5,000. My heart is already racing, I knew I was feeling lucky but this was the second machine tonight and my palms are sweating with anticipation.

"Darlene, don't take this the wrong way but if you don't spin the wheel soon I'm going to kill you" Maya says with the same nervous anticipation as Harry.

"Geez okay okay" I huff taking a deep breath before I press the button. The wheel begins spinning at a fast speed and my eyes are glued to it. No matter what it lands on I'll win some money but it's the fact I could win thousands that is making my hands shake.

Everyone goes silent as they watch the wheel, it now beginning to slow down. I almost want to close my eyes but I force them to stay open.

The wheel is know going at a snail's pace, the 5,000 dollar portion being far too close to the arrow for my liking.

"No fucking way" I say lowly to myself shaking my head as it's now only 2 spots away from me landing on it, and the wheel is just about done spinning.

I don't even process what happened until I hear the machine going off, and lighting up as it flashes the amount I just won on my screen. When I glance at the total number I feel like I could throw up, $5,200.

I'm immediately jumping up from my seat in excitement, turning around and hugging the person closest to me which just so happens to be Harry. He lifts me up off my feet in a tight hug.

"Holy shit babe!" He says hugging me tighter and I can hear the disbelief in his voice. I pull away smiling up at him and turn to around to face Maya and Niall and the second I make eye contact with her she's making a bee line straight towards me.

"Oh my god" Maya squeals engulfing me in a hug as we jump up and down in excitement.

"How the fuck" Niall says in shocked amazement causing me to pull back from my hug with Maya and tug Niall into it as well.

I feel like I'm on a high right now, I understand why gambling can be so addictive. I pull away, walking back to the machine to make sure I print the ticket that states my earnings.