47

Song For This Chapter:

Overwhelming- Jon Bellion

"Cause everything about you is so overwhelming
Come over here and overwhelm me
'Hey do I impress you'"

--------

Darlene's POV:

Mini golf. Niall chose mini golf. Out of all the things he could have chosen he chose that. I should've saw it coming, he's obsessed with golf. 

We played the whole course, Niall winning of course. I usually can pick up things pretty fast so halfway through I improved a lot. But still not anywhere close to Niall's skills. Harry came in a close second, apparently liking golf too.

 Something they can bond over, how cute.

Maya and I just tried our best, despite knowing there was no way either of us would win. It was fun nonetheless. The course was pretty entertaining just to look at, I would honestly do it again despite not being that good at it. It was fun.

We're walking through the exit of the course and that's when I spot batting cages. Now I have the nagging urge to go in one. I haven't since I stopped playing.

"Niall" I say in a overly kind voice.

He turns his head to look at me which urges me to continue to speak,

"Can we go to the batting cages" I say giving him a dramatically kind smile to try and convince him.

He looks away from me to turn his head towards the cages. He turns back to me with a smile on his face, "Yes" he says a bit of excitement laced in his voice as well.

I try and contain my own excitement but it's no use. Maya and Harry obviously hear our conversation so they don't question anything when we change directions and head towards the cages.

I immediately find the token dispenser, throwing a 10 in to get enough tokens to share amongst us.

There's different machines with different pitch speeds. You can also chose between baseball or softball sized balls. 

"What's the slowest one?" Maya says with a laugh which cause me to smile. I scan over all the cages before I find it, and I point it out to her. It's all the way at the other end of the line of cages.

I begin browsing the bats that they have available, needing to find the right size.

"Wanna have a competition?" Harry tempts as he leans against the cage so he comes into my view.

I turn my attention to him and away from the bats,

"See who gets more hits" He adds in challenge.

"Sure" I say shrugging my shoulders. Why not? Especially when I know I'm gonna win.

"Keep count for me?" 

I need to be able to focus, I don't want to get distracted by remembering what number I left off on. Harry nods his head and I turn back to the bats finally finding the right size. I place my token into the machine going to open the gate inside.