14

Song For This Chapter:

Womanizer- Britney Spears

"Must mistake me, you're the sucker

To think that I,

Would be a victim, not another"

Darlene's POV

You're probably dying to hear how the next morning went. Well don't worry I'll tell you.

Harry and I woke up and were extremely hungover. He made us breakfast insisting he had to because I had done it for him when he was hungover. He made pancakes and even put chocolate chips in them.

But that was about it, he drove me home while I was still wearing his t-shirt and sweatpants and we said goodbye and that was that. It wasn't awkward and there wasn't the lingering feeling of unresolved issues as there often is between us, so I can't complain.

Though I didn't realize I had left my clothes I had worn to the bar at Harry's until I had already gotten home, so I have to figure out how to get those back eventually.

That brings me to today, well Tuesday to be exact. The day of Macie's party. The days following my Friday night at the bar with Harry were pretty much chill. I haven't seen him since, but it didn't bother me. I'd rather our interactions be organic, not me going out of my way just to see him in passing at work.

I haven't talked to Maya all weekend because she was babysitting her niece and I didn't want to bother her with anything. Niall on the other hand won't shut up about Macie's party, it's all he's talked about since we've been invited.

I swear put that boy infront of alcohol and he'll act like a kid on christmas morning.

I'm hoping tonight will be fun, especially since I feel like things between Harry and I have settled down.

I'm getting ready for the party as we speak but as I'm doing my makeup I'm interrupted by a phone call. When I see Maya's name pop up I answer instantly.

"Darlene, what are you wearing" She asks frantically.

"Just that sheer black top that I have and jeans, nothing too crazy"

"Is a dress too much?" She asks with the same panic still in her voice

"No, Maya are you okay?" I chuckle out, she's never called me panicking about an outfit before.

"Yes. No." She pauses, "I don't know" She says in a stressed voice.

"Is this because of Niall?" I ask curiously.

"Yes, I haven't seen him since the movies and I just want to look good"

We've all been in Maya's shoes before, but no matter how much I reassure her that everything going to be fine it's not going to completely ease her stress. That's just how these things work.