50

Song For This Chapter:

Everytime We Touch- Cascada

"'Cause everytime we touch, I get this feeling.
And everytime we kiss, I swear I could fly.
Can't you feel my heart beat fast?
I want this to last.
Need you by my side."

------

Darlene's POV:

"Do any of you know how to play poker?" Niall asks as we finally approach the casino. The smell of cigarettes invading my senses.

"No clue"

"Nope"

"I Wish"

We each respond. I wish I did, it seems like fun. But I honestly wouldn't even know where to begin. I just know cards and obviously poker chips are involved. I should've tried to learn before we came here but it completely slipped my mind. I highly doubt I'd be able to win a game in Vegas. The people who play here are most likely really good.

We've formed a mini circle right outside the carpeted area of the casino that holds all the slot machines.

"Me either" Niall says with a chuckle and a shake to his head. I guess we won't be playing that tonight. I would enjoy observing a game more than I would playing, I'd assume it's stressful.

"I know how to play blackjack though" I add with a shrug. It's not the same but it's still a card game.

Harry gives me an impressed look but I brush it off. It's honestly not that impressive when you know the reason, I learned from a minigame on my Super Mario Bros DS game. But I'll leave that detail out.

"How about we do some slot machines first and if we win anything we'll play blackjack" Harry suggests. We all to come to an agreement, liking Harry's plan. I get distracted by observing the people around me, people of all ages just enjoying their time in Vegas.

I'm broken from my hypnosis when I'm being tugged into Maya,

"I get Darlene first" she says triumphantly, my heartbeat quickened at the unexpected movement but it settles down once I'm stable again.

Niall huffs, "Fine I get her second" he rushes out, snapping his head to Harry who just nods. But his jaw is clenched, I can tell he's trying to hide his frustration.

"Okay let's go" Maya says dragging me away further into the casino. I have no idea where she's tugging me to but she seems to have a destination in mind.

She finally stops in front of a Titanic themed slot, my face immediately turning into a grin.

"I saw this last night when Niall and I played pool, I was going to surprise you but Harry had to one up me with the whole exhibit" She says rolling her eyes playfully, looking at me to see my reaction.

The amount of excitement it brings me it honestly concerning. I observe the machine seeing scenes from the movie playing.

"Leo is so hot" Maya says with a dreamy sigh, as she turns to observe the machine as well.

"Hottest man I've ever seen" I say shaking my head in awe, completely forgetting that I'm staring at a slot machine.

"Hottest? Ouch way to bruise my ego babe" I hear the familiar british voice say from behind me.