9

Song For This Chapter:

Please Don't Go- Mike Posner

"Baby please don't go
If I wake up tomorrow will you still be here?"
——

Darlene's POV

You remember how I said before how I hate that I'm a good person sometimes? This is one of those times. It's almost 11pm on a Tuesday night, picking up a drunk Harry was not how I was expecting my night to go. But here I am driving to the bar to go pick him up.

I'm minutes away and I honestly have no idea what I'm walking into. I've never been around drunk Harry so this is going to be a new experience.

I think part of me feels inclined to pick him up right now because I have a feeling I may have caused him to drink himself into oblivion. Despite our differences, I would still feel guilty for causing him this much stress.

Pulling into the parking lot, I park as close to the entrance as possible because I don't know if I'm going to have to help Harry walk to the car. By the short conversation we had on the phone, I'd say that it's a big possibility.

I don't even know how Harry got my number, but that's not the biggest issue at hand right now. I turn my car off and take a deep breath preparing myself for what I'm about to get myself into.

I walk into the bar that is surprisingly busy for it being a Tuesday night, but it is summer so I kind of get it. I scan my eyes around the bar and spot Harry in the same spot we were in just a few nights ago. His back is too me, but even from here I can see multiple empty glasses on the table. Sighing I make my way over to him.

"Harry, come on let's go" I say standing in front of the table. Harry lifts his head up facing me taking in my presence.

"Darlene May, you came" He says smiling while his finger traces the edge of his cup. I temporarily mesmerized by his ring clad fingers but snap myself out of it.

"Harry Styles, I did, now let's go" I say beckoning him with my arm.

"Alright alright" He says beginning to stand up. I watch closely trying to judge how uncoordinated he is. The amount he drank would cause me to be black out drunk but I have a feeling he holds his liquor a lot better.

I grab his wrist and begin to guide him back out of the bar. I take occasional glances behind me to make sure Harry isn't about to topple over. He seems to stumble a little bit, but I probably wouldn't have noticed if I wasn't searching directly for it.

Once outside I hear Harry speak behind me,

"-Em sorry" He says in a quiet voice. Once in front of my car I stop and face him and see him hanging his head and avoiding my eyes,

"For what?" I question, I'm confused on what the hell he's sorry for. I should be the one apologizing for confusing the hell out of him.

"For making you feel like you had to come and get me, I should have never called-" Harry begins rambling, shaking he head in stress. Fuck, I really hope he didn't drink because of me. I'm around 80% sure he did, but this is making me feel even more guilty than I already do.

"Shhh, Harry it's not a big deal I promise okay?" I say softly, placing my hand on his shoulder comfortingly to try and get him to look up at me.

His green eyes eventually meet mine and I'm hoping he can see the honesty written on my face. My heart almost shatters when I see the ashamed look on his. For once, I wish I knew what he was thinking. For once, he's not saying every thought that comes to his head in front of me, and it's driving me a bit insane.