26

Song For This Chapter:

Live While We're Young-One Direction

"We're 'bout to make some memories tonight
I wanna live while we're young
We want to live while we're young"

-----------

Darlene's POV:

"Do another! Do another!" Maya cheers as I throw down the can of the seltzer I just shotgunned.

We currently have music blasting from my 'Songs that make me wanna shake my ass' playlist, creative name I know. Currently 'Poker Face' is playing and it's definetly hyping me up I'm not going to lie. We've all had a couple of shots, meaning we are all already a bit loose so the fun is only beginning.

"I already did two, I'll do another if someone does it with me" I laugh wiping my lips with the back of my hand.

"I will!" Niall exclaims jumping up from the couch basically running into the kitchen to grab our drinks.

Maya just looks at us giddily in anticipation and Harry looks completely amused. We are all just enjoying ourselves.

Niall returns handing me my seltzer, and fishes in his pocket to find a key. I'm already holding one of my own so I'm ready whenever he is.

"Lets see who can finish first" Niall challenges with a playful look on his face.

"You're on" I say matching his playful attitude.

"If we're placing bets I say Niall is going to win" Maya exclaims as she folds her arm over the back of the couch.

I scoff is dramatic offense, "Geez thanks for having faith in me Maya, I thought you were my friend"

Maya just shrugs with a happy look on her face, "I just have a feeling Niall is good at this" she says glancing over to him.

She has a hint of admiration on her face and when I glance to Niall he holds the exact same expression. Both of them too lost in their little bubble to notice me looking at them anyways.

Harry must notice it too because we both glance at each other at the same time with a 'did you just see that??' expression.

God they are in so deep and they don't even know it yet.

"What about you Harry?" Maya says snapping herself from her trance and turning to Harry.

Harry sits with one of his legs propped up on the couch cushion so he's able to turn his body enough to watch us.

Harry hesitates for a second almost as if he doesn't want to say his answer,

"Honestly, I'm gonna have to go with Niall too" He says guiltily.

"Wow you both just have so much faith in me" I say sarcastically, playfully rolling my eyes.

They're going to feel pretty stupid when I win. Shotgunning is one of my go to party tricks because I actually pretty good at it. I didn't feel the need to chug it as fast earlier when it was just me, but if I want to, I can down it pretty damn fast. None of them would know this though because they've obviously never been to a college party with me.

"Okay ready?" Niall says turning to me slightly.

I nod my head, we both then simultaneously create the hole at the bottom of the can.