20

Song For This Chapter:

Because Of You- Neyo

"And I know this much is true

Baby, you have become my addiction"

---------

Harry's POV:

We both sit in silence for a second, waiting for the other to say something. Neither of us know where to start, when so much needs to be said.

"I'm sorry" Darlene says softly.

"You're sorry" I respond my eyebrows furrowing in confusion, "I'm the one that should be sorry, I'm the one that is sorry"

"I'm sorry for coming across so confusing, bossy, stubborn-" She begins looking everywhere but at me.

"Darlene," I begin shaking me head.

"No just- you saying those things may have hurt but it hurt more when I realized they were true" She says finally flicking her eyes to mine.

Fuck, I feel like shit. I insulted her and to make it worse, she believed it was true.

"I don't know why I said those things, I took your confidence and used it as a negative. But believe me when I say I admire all that about you, and everything that comes with it. You don't take shit from people, you say what you mean" I say looking into her eyes so she knows I mean every goddamn word.

She looks away from me her eyes sad,

"Darlene, I mean it." I restate in complete seriousness.

She groans in frustration putting her head in her hands, "This is all so confusing, It's just-I just," Darlene huffs looking back up at me, "We're confusing"

"I know" I say sighing, god there has never been a more true statement.

Darlene takes a sip from her water as if she's desperate that it will give her some sort of strength.

"I don't hate you" She states looking me dead in the eye.

Now that, I find hard to believe. I can't blame her, especially after what I did, I am kind of an asshole. But I wish she didn't hate me.

I give her a disbelieving look, slumping back into my seat a bit more.

She sighs, "I don't," her voice unwavering, "I hate what you did, but I don't think I have ever hated you"

"I seriously wouldn't blame you if you did, honestly Darlene" I say shaking my head.

"Harry, I'm serious. You can annoy the hell out of me and before I knew you more I sometimes couldn't stand you, but I'm serious when I say I don't think I ever hated you" She says looking down at the table as if focusing on it will give her the right words,

"I really thought I did, but do you seriously think that if I hated you I would've been so hurt?" She continues finally meeting my eyes again.