32

Song For This Chapter:

Shark in the Water-V V Brown

"Oh, please believe I said
Baby, there's a shark in the water
I caught them barking at the moon
Better be soon
High in the sky, the song that I'm singing
A sweet little lie, I cry wolf, cry"

-------

Harry's POV:

Harry's POV:

Maya and Niall couldn't stop going on about how fun the roller coaster they went on was. 

Am I a little disappointed I couldn't go? Yes. But was it kind of worth it because of how clingy Darlene is because I know she's scared? Also yes.

I would go as far as to say it's...cute? I don't know, I've never really used that word to describe a girl before. But that's the first word that comes to mind.

I feel a little bad because even though she's trying to hide how nervous she is, I can see it in her eyes. But she's determined to act like she isn't scared, she's stubborn. Before you say it, her being stubborn isn't bad. I already said it's something I respect. Did I call her stubborn to try and hurt her once? Yes but I. didn't. mean. it.

The 'trying to forgive me' thing is driving me a little bit insane because I have no idea where I'm at with her. She may not be good at hiding her fear of roller coasters, but she's damn good at hiding her feelings. Despite me being close to getting a degree in psychology, I can't read her for the life of me. She keeps everything wrapped up inside, topped with a perfectly tied bow. The box sits there tormenting me. I want desperately to tear open it open to see what's inside but I'm stuck just staring at it, left to guess it's contents.

The worst part is, I felt that bow slowly beginning to untie itself. But then I had to go fuck everything up and she tied it even tighter than it was before. Nice going Harry.

"Harry?" 

I'm snapped from my thoughts as I look down to see Darlene watching me with a questioning look.

"What? Sorry" I say definetly missing a whole conversation that was just had.

"I asked if you were okay with Storm Runner next?" Maya chimes in causing me to turn my attention to her. I can hear Darlene snickering at me knowing damn well I just zoned out.

"Yeah sure" I say nodding my head. 

We all begin walking over, Niall and Maya in front of Darlene and I. Maya is going on about something to Niall, gesturing her hands everywhere like she has a habit of doing when she talks. Whatever she's saying she seems pretty passionate about it.