80

Song For This Chapter: 

Hurt Somebody- Julia Michaels 

"And I know that we need thisBut I've been too afraid to follow through
Hold me close and I won't leave
'Cause it hurts when you hurt somebody"

----

Darlene's POV:

"I'm sorry" Maya says guitlily, shaking her head and reaching forward to grab her milkshake. She takes a sip, stress written all over her face.

"Why are you sorry?" I respond, letting out a single amused laugh picking up a french fry and plopping it into my mouth.

"I let it slip, if I didn't say-"

"Louis is my friend, he shouldn't have said anything to anyone. It was an accident Maya, neither of us blame you for anything" I respond quickly, trying to reassure her. 

She would never do something like this on purpose. There's no point in making her feel bad for something she definetly didn't mean to do. Louis had the choice to spread that shit.

She just furrows her eyebrows at me, "Good" she says with a sigh before continuing, "But I thought you and Harry haven't talked since the day after Halloween"

"It was during the fight" I respond, already hating thinking back to the fight at all. 

I've only told Maya the basics of what went down, I just really don't feel like reliving the events. Plus I feel like I might start crying if I do, I don't feel like doing that anymore.

"Here you are darling"

The comforting voice draws my attention to beside me, seeing Donna slip a plate of cheese blintzes and then a smaller plate of home fries. I'm not going to the lie, the nickname stings a bit. That will always be tied to him, which is going to fucking suck if everything goes to shit.

"But I didn't order an-"

"I see the look on your face Hun, It's none of my business but at least let me make sure one of my favorite customers is fed" She says softly, looking at me in sympathy.

"Is it really that obvious?" I questions, pushing my hair back from my face in stress.

"I know you well enough to know you're upset. You have the same look on your face when you come in after getting a bad grade" She responds, a soft smile gracing her face.

I return her expression, I'm glad I have people who care about me. To be quite honest I haven't ate much these last few days, I don't have an appetite. But I can't turn down something from Cherry's.

I'm about to respond when I hear my phone vibrate. I flick my eyes to look down to my phone resting on the table, as I'm peeking down I see the picture of Harry and I take over my screen. 

I sigh, hitting the volume button and flipping my phone around, bringing my attention back to Donna.

"Cute picture" Donna exclaims with a knowing look on her face. I smile, remembering that day. We were so confused back then, but everything was new. This is the first picture taken of us together. It was taken at my favorite diner, by one of my favorite people, and the boy who would eventually become mine.

Her expression turns back to a serious one, "He's so out of his element isn't he?"

"You have no idea" I respond, letting out an unamused huff before reaching forward and taking another french fry off of Maya's plate.