21

Song For This Chapter:

Boys Like You-Who is Fancy

"I need to cool down

'Cause I know we're just friends

But one look from you, baby, then I'm falling back in, yea, yea, yeah"

-----------

Darlene's POV:

I'm currently driving home from Harry's and I honestly feel great. Maybe I should have stuck to my original plan, told him to fuck off and never speak to him again, but something just feels right about my choice not to.

I chose to follow my intuition, I threw caution to the wind for a reason right? Maybe I just haven't discovered that reason yet and there's no way I would by ending things. I owe it to myself to see this through, to try and forgive Harry. Not even for him, but for myself.

Once I arrive home it feels weird knowing I left this apartment to go sever any last ties with Harry, yet I'm returning with the exact opposite.

I still can't help to still feel exhausted from last night and this morning, it's like every issue from this past week came crashing down on us. 

You know when you leave all your homework until the end of the week so then you're stuck doing one after the other after the other, that's what the last 24 hours has felt like. Procrastination at it's finest.

I go to check my phone, seeing as I haven't check it for over an hour now. What I'm met with is 23 notifications from Maya. I'm extremely confused, but I quickly open my messages thinking something is wrong.

Maya: OMG that Milkshake looks so good

Maya: WAIT ARE U WITH HARRY??

Maya: Darlene????

Maya: You better call me the second you get home or I'm showing up at your door.

Maya: I'm giving you 30 minutes.

Maya: You can't even deny it I see his tattoos in the picture

Maya: HELLO??

Maya: Did you guys fuck??

Maya: You totally did

Maya: 5 more minutes

Maya: I'm on my way to your apartment bitch you better answer the door, I stg if you're ignoring these messages

Just as I'm going through the rest of the messages I hear a knock at my door. 

Shit, I'm busted. I didn't even realize Harry was in the background of the picture of a stupid milkshake.

"Darlene!" Maya says going to knock on my door again.

I take a deep breath preparing myself for her version of Vogue's 73 questions. Finally I walk over to the door and open it.