Subpoena

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Finding the green tunic that you had nearly forgotten about from the encounter with Rosemary, you put it on. The stitching allowed you to move easier than most clothing that you had worn in the past. Adding a simple black corset, you finally felt satisfied with the outfit. You sealed the suitcase shut, and began rolling it down to the spiral staircase. You looked down to where you needed to be through the steps.

This was going to be fun.

You were about to roll the suitcase down the steps when a marvelous idea crossed your mind. You had to execute it, before Fundy saw it, then Wilbur would murder you. You picked up the suitcase, and sat it on the rails. You mentally prepared for the execution, then let go of the suitcase. You got up on the railing yourself and pushed off the wall. Now you knew why Fundy wanted a staircase - it felt like a weird slide; the only thing you might want to make sure of, is that it wouldn't be a spiral one, since you couldn't tell if anything and/or anyone was on the foot of it.

You heard the suitcase hit the stone floor, and not too long afterward, you felt not-the-floor, the stone floor didn't feel like fabric.

"Ha! I got you!" You heard Fundy scream as he jumped on top of you and whoever you were on.

"Please get off, I don't know who I'm suffocating." You ask, and the small fox did as you had asked. Getting off the floor, you offered your hand to help the person that you had landed on -- Dream.

"Sorry, I didn't see anyone down there." You say with a chuckle. He took your hand and got up. Your past accomplice stuttered on his own words.

You found your suitcase had fallen the exact way that you had let it fall down the stairs, and picked it up. You made your way past the large pillars that seemed gridlike when you had first entered; you still had to admit, they still did, just less noticeable. The caravan was nearing the edge of preparation; the only thing that kept them from moving forward was Zalkhain insisting that themselves and Rosemary would inspect the drivers.

"Y/N! Someone over there wants to talk to you!" Fundy yelled at you. You put down your suitcase and began to follow the child to the best of your ability since the sun was barely over the layer of leaves that surrounded you.

Fundy led you into the castle, towards someone wearing a green hoodie; whom you immediately assumed was Dream.

"I know it's hard to have your ribs squished by a child Dream, but you can get used to it after a while." You say, noticing that he had his mask adjacent to his face. He didn't turn to face you, but his shoulders shook slightly with laughter. "Hello?" You ask, grabbing his shoulder hesitantly. "Did you hear me?"

You turned him to face you, and there was Sapnap's tan face and amber colored eyes. Those eyes were filled with knowledge and laughter. "Woah--"

"Y/N, you like Dream don't you?" He giggled and pulled Dream's mask off to toss at you. You easily caught it with one hand before the question was processed. Once the question did process, you blushed and dropped the mask to the ground.

"Wha- No. No, I don't! Why- Why would I?--" You stuttered, making many wild gestures with your hands. Sapnap's giggling quickly transferred into cackling as he listened to your crappy response.

"You do!" He shouted giddily. "You do, you do, you do!" He laughed again, quickly yanking off the green sweatshirt and throwing it at you, too. He straightened his white t-shirt before grinning at you. "You have to tell him tonight! At the party!"

"I can't, Sap. I'm leaving tomorrow." You respond quietly, staring at the ground in front of you. "Besides, there's no possible way he would like me back!" You crossed your arms stubbornly and looked away from the tan man.

Sapnap placed an oddly hot hand on your shoulder and breathed a heavy sigh. "Y/N, I'm not telling you half of the things I could be right now because I respect his privacy. But, just know that there's still a chance. Besides, you may not have to leave. You could... you could stay, you know? It'll be awfully lonely without you..."

You glanced back at him as your arms dropped back down to your sides. His eyes were filled with a type of overwhelming sadness that you hadn't seen from anyone before. You paused, afraid to say anything that might make him feel worse. Your silence had made it worse than words could have, though.

He suddenly began furiously blinking and pulled his hand away from you and laughed quietly to himself. "You know what? Sorry, shouldn't have bothered you.. Do what you want."

"Wait! Wait, Sapnap, I'm sorry." You grabbed his arms and dragged him into a hug. For a moment, you mumbled some things into his shoulder. "I'll tell him. I'll even try to stay, okay? Even if he says no, I'll try to stay for you!"

He hugged back and put his chin on top of your head with a deep breath. "You better, you dork." He stated calmly, patting your back somewhat roughly. Then he let go again. "Now: go get 'em tiger!"

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔