Welcome to The Falconier Empire

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

The sovereign of the Ensidionian empire and Prince George of the Falconier empire are to be wed, three weeks' time. This is to make peace between the empires without the guard Y/N (LAST BOOK, LMAO) of Ensidione to make peace. This decision was suggested and made by the sovereign's father, King Philza Ensidione. We do not go against the king. His word is life. Hail the king, hail the crown. The almighty Ensidione empire, the continuously great place of hopes and dreams.

You hated to read most of that poster. Particularly the parts that spoke of you and George being wed. You didn't want to marry him by force. You wanted to at least get to know him if you still had to marry him. Instead, your father decided to give you three stressful weeks to prepare for the wedding.

You were dreading marriage for a long time already, why had there been something added to make it worse?

You flopped forward, forehead landing on Tommy's shoulder. He stiffened slightly, twisting from the saddle to look back at you. When he saw you were still breathing, he relaxed and twisted forward again. "What's up with you?" He asked quietly, seeming genuinely concerned.

You groaned, the sound slightly muffled by the fabric of his shirt. "It's all this marriage stuff." You state, shaking your head. If anyone would understand where you were coming from with this, it would be Tommy. He was the one who had defended you while your father had made the announcement.

And understood he did. "Ugh, I hate how he was all nonchalant about deciding your fate forever." Tommy replied, the eye roll obvious, even in his voice. "I'm really sorry you have to go through all of this." His voice was softer now, and you were grateful.

"It's not something we could have prevented," you spoke with frustration and disappointment colliding together and creating an emotion you were unaware existed. It wasn't exactly unwelcome, you suppose. In fact, it was a perfect description of your current feelings.

In front of you, Tommy yawned and stretched. The two of you had been set out on this horse for quite a few hours. You had left before the sun was up, and now it was just a bit past noon, seeing as the sun was slightly further than directly above you.

"Do you want me to take over?" You asked, resting your hand on his shoulder. He glanced back at you and smiled.

"No thanks, Y/N. You have to meet him later. I don't want to stress you out anymore than you already are." He was being oddly generous, especially for a nineteen year-old boy. You gave him a concerned look before shrugging it off.

It's Tommy, there's quite a few weird things about him. Things like this weird type of generosity, his love for creepy-crawlies, and his overwhelming loyalty. The first type were decently normal, but the loyalty was otherworldly.

When the Ensidionian peacekeeper (last book's Y/N) disappeared, they had been accused of treason. They had disappeared with a prisoner from the Falconier empire almost a month ago. In most cases, it would be called treason and no one would argue. However, Tommy had fought our father on it.

You still wouldn't forget what he had said that day. It was the first time in years someone had defied the ruler of Ensidione.

"You're crazy!" He had yelled during the trial, interrupting our father as he was speaking. "Absolutely ludicrous! They aren't a traitor, and never will be." Everyone thought he was going mad, but their execution had been overruled.

"Well then..." He spoke softly, and slowed the horse. "Here we are: good ole Falconier empire." You looked over past his shoulder to see the tall walls of what you assumed was the prison. The dark material of such looked quite threatening from a distance, you had to admit.

"God." You said quietly in distaste. Your eyes travelled to the castle, which was beautifully crafted out of sandstone and dark wood. Your eyes fall to the entrance, where you spotted a man covered in netherite. He adjusted something, you assumed a mask, onto his face more before turning toward you and your little brother.

"Well that's only slightly intimidating." You and Tommy said in unison, bringing laughter to the still air of the Falconier village.
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔