Becoming a Tourist

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

After a short amount of time, the masked man knocked on the door. Right as George had been about to answer the knock, he pushed the door open from the other side.

"Prince George?" He asked, a bit of surprise in his voice. He did almost run the door into his soon-to-be monarch's face.

George startled and took a few steps backward. "Yes, yes, Dream. You are quite the person I wanted to see. In fact, I was going to go looking for you in a minute or so."

Dream stiffened and stood up taller, pushing the door completely open. He mumbled something to George, making the brown haired man laugh and shake his head in an almost frantic manner. George then whispered something back to Dream, making both of their heads swivel toward you.

"Stop being creepy. Please, I beg." You stated, rolling your eyes. You still weren't all too pleased with your soon-to-be partner for life. You thought your reason was valid: He was a weak coward.

You didn't mean physically weak, but he sure was mentally weak. That was something you were certain of.

He was mentally weak because he didn't believe in his ability to rule his own kingdom (something that Wilbur had never struggled with, and had honestly carried out as best as possible with what he's done thus far.) And he was a coward for not trying to protest the marriage (which was something you also hadn't done, but you were also acutely aware of the treacherous fate that would await you if you went against the crown).

Not even Fundy would've made him a best friend.

"Oh, sorry but I forgot you were there. This is Dream, he's going to be your guide during the three weeks." George said as he walked out. The masked man which you now would associate with for the next three weeks at least, turned his head towards you.

"Well, shall we begin a tour, your majesty?" He asked with his hand outstretched to you. You gladly accepted it with a smile. You started to follow him down the still unnatural hallways.

You allowed him to guide you through the hallways that felt like a small piston like game from how straight it was. You went through what felt like half the country, rather than just the castle. There was a library the size of the Ensidionian prison basement. Which you were sure you would spend 99.9% of your time in, whether anyone wanted it or not. After around 3 hours of walking, you both stopped in front of your room, which was largely decorated with a mahogany and dark red - which you happily enjoyed.

"Thank you for taking me through the grid, Dream. Now if you might be so kind as to excuse me, I would like to read half the library." You say. Then hear the thundering sound of Tommy running up the stairs. He instantly turned his head towards you.

"Y/N. Forest. Now. We're going. It's amaz-" He stopped mid sentence when he looked at Dream. Who was right next to you, sword in hand. "I think maybe I'll just let you explore on your own, since I know you like being independent." He put his hands up in defeat and left down the stairs, the thundering continued until you hear clicks that fade out of earshot.

You laugh quietly, watching as he runs off. Dream tsked and leaned toward you with what you hoped was a grin. "I agree, sovereign Y/N! You can have fun with your own adventures for now." He paused, leaning away again and staring at a window. "Unless you wish to go outside. I'll need to go with you, then."

"You're fine, Dream. I think I'll stick with reading. Besides, I think that I've stressed you out too much anyways." You say as you calmly start heading down the stairs, not making nearly as much noise as Tommy.

You knew you just wanted some time to yourself, so rather than head to the library, you decided to head towards the palace doors to try and explore the dark oak forests yourself. Calmly walking through the doors, you found the atmosphere of the Falconier village calming, rather than the cold, dullness of the Ensidione castle.

It was pleasant, you had to admit.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔