What's An Aztalkian?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Instantly, Dream shot up, only a whoosh of air next to you. You glanced over and noticed his mask off, his bright green eyes shining in both fury and fear. "How did they get in?" He shouted, sprinting toward Sapnap. The tanned man heaved, leaning against the dark oak wood door.

"I'm... not too... sure." He admitted, locking eyes with Dream. Dream turned back to you and the others, and sighed lowly. He ran toward you and grabbed your arm, yanking you from the seat. Once you were up, he grabbed you by the hips and hoisted you over his shoulder.

"There's no time to waste." He spoke quickly, getting ready to run as quickly as he could. "Only current royalty of the Falconier Empire are given access to the safe room, so..." He groaned quietly, turning from the table and followed Sapnap down the hall.

Right before you had gotten to the front door, he turned into a dead-end hallway, which was filled with paintings. He stopped for a moment within the hall, and you sat there -- staring at the paintings around you.

There was one of what looked like George's dad when he was your age, with a woman that you didn't recognize. There was a nice one of the Falconier forests, it was detailed on a different scale than what the other one had been, but it fit the aesthetic. Then you saw another of a small cottage surrounded by snow, remembering what you left back in Ensidione to come to this place, you shivered at the thought of Fundy not having a buddy to steal cake with.

Then Dream started moving again, this time into hole in the wall that you didn't know existed. That "hole in the wall" was actually a hallway lit with torches. Dream sprinted through the hallway until you reached a set of 3 doors. Each was labeled with a different bird plate. You went through the one that was plated with what you took was a Falcon.

How convenient.

The room had a few lanterns inside with a bed, and a small cabinet. There was someone already there, however, with their back towards you.

Someone you didn't know.

"Zalkhain. How did you-" Dream asked, but was interrupted by them turning around and laughing.

"Dream, Dream," they cooed, leaning against the wall behind them with a large grin on their face. "Did you really forget my main -- and honestly only -- ability?"

Dream stiffened, and gently placed you down. He pulled his sword from its sheath, stepping in front of you to hide you from them. He gave no response to their question, just stared at them.

"Ah..." The Aztalkian murmured, a hint of curiosity in their gravelly voice. Suddenly, there was a hand on your shoulder, and another over your mouth. They leaned forward, their dull grey eyes meeting yours. "So, this is Y/N, ey?" They ask smugly, pulling you back when Dream swung around.

"Let go of them," he warned, holding his sword out in a threatening manner. "Or I will kill you."

"Aha, it is Y/N of Ensidione. Why else would you care so much?" Zalkhain asked, giggling quietly. It was an odd sound for their mostly gravelly voice, but you mentally noted that it wasn't unpleasant. "Unless, of course, they are your partner?" They pull you against their chest, removing their hand from your mouth and swiftly replacing it with a sword at your throat.

Dream was visibly tensed up in front of you, staring intently at Zalkhain, watching their blonde hair sway back and forth in the slight breeze in the room. "Hm, Dream?" They asked quietly, tilting their head backward mockingly.

"They aren't my partner." He mumbled quietly, his sword's edge drooping ever so slightly. Zalkhain hummed emotionlessly, dropping their own sword's tip, drawing it away from your neck.

"So they're George's partner." He offered sarcastically, getting zero reaction from Dream yet again. Zalkhain didn't seem to like his response -- aka, the lack of thereof.

"SAY SOMETHING!" They shouted, being filled with spite instantly. "LITERALLY ANYTHING OTHER THAN THOSE BLAND RESPONSES YOU'VE GIVEN SO FAR!"

He stayed quiet still, staring directly at you. There was a look in his eyes that just screamed something you were shocked to see.

DON'T LET THEM DIE.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔