Shoot!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

"Shoot." Sapnap whispered. Then Karl motioned everyone inside a closet.

You felt Fundy move to the point where he was behind you. You put your hand on his head.

"Karl, where are they?" You heard Dream say outside the cabinet.

"What do you mean Dream? I've seen no one in a while besides Quackity." Karl said, you saw faint shadows of him moving backward. It was obvious enough to you that Karl was anxious. He was speaking to the head of the Falconier guard. The Falconier empire was known for their army...

"I figured that Y/N would go to Sapnap, and then Sapnap would go to you." Dream said. You saw a small hole in the ceiling, and saw that you all could climb through it.

"Psst, Sap, look up." You whispered, pointing to the hole. Sapnap nodded in agreement. He lifted you up, careful not to make noise, and you crawled your way onto the roof.

You looked over the path in which you came to see a familiar horse standing there. You saw Fundy start to climb out of the hole with ease, and helped him onto the ceiling. Eret climbed out after Fundy started admiring the trees. You didn't blame him, there were barely any trees back home anyways. Sapnap crawled through the hole and started looking around.

"I can lift everyone up into the trees, and we can get back to the castle that way." Before you could even question it, Eret answered your question.

"The trees are close enough that it creates a semi-stable platform over most of the empire." She said. You simply nodded, and looked back at the horse.

"You guys can go, I think I'll play around more." You say, a good amount of adrenaline rushing through you.

"How are you going to do that?" Sapnap asked, lifting Fundy into the trees.

"There's a horse. Dream's horse to be exact." You said, looking at the horse.

"You know your way back?" Eret said, starting to be concerned.

"I don't have to, I have a masked accomplice that'll do it for me." You said, knowing that if Dream knew you'd come here, he'd probably know when his horse was stolen.

You made your way to the edge of the roof, being careful not to make a noise. You jumped down to the ground, hoping that they didn't hear it inside. You stopped for a moment to make sure that you didn't have any injuries. Thankfully, you didn't. You made your way to the horse as quietly as you could, and started getting on the saddle when the masked man walked through the doorway.

Shoot.

You got on the saddle as quickly as you could, knowing that you had - even if you were lucky - five (5) seconds. You grabbed the reins and started the horse gallop. Not looking back, you made your way through the forest. You were grateful that the Falconiers put a lot of effort into their paths.

You looked back after a few seconds to see that Dream was heading to what you assumed was Karl and Quackity's stable. Noticing that the castle lights were visible through the thick leaves, you started brainstorming a better escape route. You stopped the horse and got off and walked a good distance away from it. Looking back to see that Dream still hadn't found a horse, you headed into the forest.

The amount of branches that were in the way were little in numbers. Navigating through the forest with a small sense of ease, you saw the bright lights of the castle come into view. You sighed in relief, almost breaking out into a sprint towards it. Then, you heard a familiar voice next to you.

"Hey, Y/N! What are we doing in the middle of the woods?" Zalkhain cooed, placing their hand on your shoulder. You jerked back from them, locking eyes with them in the dim castle light.

"Zalkhain?- How'd you get here?" You sputtered, trying desperately to wrap your head around them being there. It was more unexpected than George ever having the possibility of being brave.

"Well, you see," they giggled, leaning against the tree behind them. "I was a bit lonely up in Ensidione, so-"

"You were in Ensidione?" You cut them off, eyes widening in disbelief. "Since when?"

"I just showed up," they admitted, shrugging their shoulders. "Now, back to what I was saying... I was left in Ensidione, so I just figured I would amble on up here to the good ole' Falconier empire and attend a harmless ball."

They were stiff with every word that came out of their mouth. It was obvious that they didn't think this ball would be so harmless after all. "Do- do you think that it'll come back here?" You mumbled, not wanting to speak louder than such, just in case it could hear you.

"You mean Vincent?" They restated your thoughts, putting a name into what you knew. "It's almost a given that he'll be here. There's no way he wouldn't come to a big party like this?"

"Do you know why it does these things?" You uttered.

"One (1) word: brotherhood." You hear behind you, and you see Elizabeth once again. This time she was in a midnight purple dress with black flower imprints surrounding the waist.

"Rose! Come on! I thought you were back in Aztalkia by now!" Zalkhain complained. You weren't sure why Zalkhain had called her that however.

"Rose? Isn't that Elizabeth?" You questioned.

"My real name is Rosemary actually. Elizabeth Laverna is a made up name so I don't randomly get 'wait, aren't you Aztalkian'." Rosemary said, a strange accent starting to appear. "Now, Zalkhain."

"Oh shoot." You heard them whisper under their breath. A strong sense of fear coming over both of you.

"You know, shouldn't we get the Sovereign back to the castle to help their cause of torturing the green man?" Rosemary asked, her terrifying tone gone.

"Never. Again. Rosemary. Dawson." Zalkhain commanded, starting to take deep breaths of relief.

"I agree with that." You say, definitely knowing that Fundy could do the same.

"Oh, shush. My sister Theodore's are worse than that!" Rosemary complained, then started walking back towards the castle.

"Wait, Theodore as in the tailor?" You question, beginning to chuckle at your realization.

"No and yes. They're both scary." Zalkhain stated soberly to the forest. You guffawed, then followed Rosemary into the forest, Zalkhain close on your heels.

You knew now, that regardless of whether Dream found you or not, this party would be nothing but hectic. It was a royal ball celebrating a wedding between two kingdoms. You were thinking of two main ideas with this.

One, there were more people at the party than there were just at the castle. This would mean that "Vincent" would have more chances at possible hosts. More chances at possible hosts, means it would be more difficult for Rosemary and Zalkhain to figure out who was possessed. It would be even harder to figure out ways to find out if they were possessed if none of you knew anything about them.

And two, a party for a wedding between two people. George and yourself. George was at the castle. You were in the middle of the woods, running from your guard with two Aztalkians.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔