56 | i don't wanna do this anymore

Jimin

Since I had nothing better to do today, Sam decided it would be the perfect opportunity to call me to hang out at the university while Dylan is doing conducting research at the microbiology lab and since Sam is part of the basketball team in PSU, he figured it would be a good idea to have me dressed in the team's uniform and take part in a practice match. I reluctantly agreed because it's been years since I've played basketball. However, I'm familiar with most of the guys on the team because we were friends back when I lived at the frat house.

What Sam forgot to mention though, was the fact that Hunter would be there. He didn't seem pleased to see me hanging around Sam when we got there and how the rest of the team was centered around us for the most part and he kept flashing me dirty looks. I still haven't gotten over what he did to Cassie and even though Cassie refuses to talk to me about it; I can't shake off the urge of beating up that scum every time I see him. I don't give a shit because the dude is problematic and if anything, I'll punch the living shit out of him again if he gives me attitude while we're here.

Namjoon can't do anything about it, and I doubt that the guys here will want to stop an exciting fight, so the odds fall in my favor.

"Hey fuckers, we're having a newbie here for today's practice!" Sam howls over at the group and everyone pays attention to him.

"That Park?" says Andrew Foster, the captain of the basketball team. "Dude who beat the shit out of Hunter?"

"Didn't know you had it in you man." Continues Jack Michaelson, the guy who lived across the hall when I was still at the frat house. He gives me a fist bump when he sees me and smiles, "I didn't see you at all after the commotion though."

"I went home to sober up." I say lowly and notice Hunter from the corner of my eye taking a seat on the bleachers.

"So how come you're here today? Not that I'm complaining. It's good to have you here Park."

"Sam thought it would be a good idea to hang out with you guys since I'm done with classes for the day."

"Alright, enough chit chat! Everyone gather around now." Andrew calls out the entire team and everyone settles in the middle of the court.

"Who's the newbie?" asks a foreign voice out of nowhere and I turn only to face a taller guy in the team's uniform. I've never seen him here before and once he gets closer; I can't shake away that feeling of déjà vu. He's tall, dark haired, he's got a hawk-like nose and his mouth forms a straight line.

"That's Jimin Park, Sam's friend." Andrew explains.

"Is that so?" the new guy remarks. "Oh, well I'm Cameron, but you can just call me Cam." He extends his hand and I shake it. The guy grins to himself before walking away towards the bleachers where his bag is sitting right next to Hunter. He takes out his phone and sends out a quick text before shoving it back into his bag and then returns to the court.

Moments later, the game begins with a tip-off. Matthew, the referee throws the ball into the air in the center circle where Jack and Cam leap up in order to tap it away. Cam is in the lead when he taps the ball and passes it to his teammate. Sam tails after him and when he attempts to pass the ball to someone else, I dash over to block him then send the ball over to Andrew. The game continues, the basketball is being passed through numerous hands when we finally score our first two points by free throwing inside the three-point line; and I'm proud to say that I was involved in our first win.

Hunter glares daggers at me and I deliberately bump on him as I make my way towards my side of the court while Cam seems amused.

We proceed with the game, and I honestly didn't expect myself to be enjoying this as much as I do. Everyone was pretty encouraging so it only made me happier that I was here today. The game comes to an end in about an hour or so and everyone heads straight to the showers. I wait for Sam to collect his things because we decided we'll head back to his place and then maybe swing by the Sage when I notice a figure enter the court. The guy heads towards Cam and gives him a nod when his eyes examine each and every player on the court until they fall on me. My blood turns cold when I see him.