Ch-86-Group-?

. . .

Nurse, stranger, supporter, wanted to adopt Karter?

. . .

So many questions flew through my mind that they all became a jumped mess. "What-how-why?" Was all I could manage out.

"She was driving by Karter's house when she saw the police there." Dad started. "She asked them what happens and they told her, some of it. Then she went to look for Karter to make sure they were safe, and adopt them to apparently."

"She knows Karter?" Was my next question.

"Yeah..." Dad trails off. "They went to her often enough about some injuries." Dad was hesitant to say it. Why didn't Karter tell us? Or me? I mean I get why not. I should have been there for them.

I feel dad pull me into a hug. "It's alright, they're alright now." When I calmed down a bit he let go of me. "She said she had her suspicions but was afraid to ask because she thought she would scare Karter away and then they wouldn't get proper treatment for their injury."

"Maybe I can trust her." I mumbled. Dad smiled at me. "I hope you can, she is your nurse after all." "Remember our old nurse?" I asked. Dad didn't answer. It was quiet for a bit. "At least you can trust her." Dad smiled at me again. I smiled back.

There was a loud stopping sound quickly moving up. It sounded like someone was running up the stairs.

I quickly ran out of Dad's price and looked at the stairs to see Karter stepping off the top step onto the second floor. I looked over to the living room and saw the nurse lady getting up and quickly coming over. I got on the first step and spread my arms out. "That's as far as you go." I told her when she reached me. She looked at me confused.

Soon dad came out of the room and walked up to her. "Let's go." He told her placing a hand in her sounder and lading her back to the living room.

I quickly ran up the stairs after that. I went to my room and saw Karter laying on their stomach on my bed and having their face hurried in my pillow. I quietly closed my door then went over and sat next to Karter. I patted Karter on the back. That was kind of awkward of me.

Karter turned their head to the side to look at me, and see it was just me. "You alright?" I asked then cringed at myself. "Uh, dad told me what happened." I corrected myself. Karted just stared at me and shrugged their shoulders. Then they turned their head to the right to look at the wall instead of me.

"We don't have to talk about it." I told Karter rubbing circles on their back. That seemed to time a better option than awkwardly patting their back. "I know it's all fresh and you'll need some time to think about it..." I trailed off trying to think of some sort of distraction that wouldn't involve going back downstairs. I scanned my eyes across my bedroom when they landed on my computer.

I smiled at Karter who couldn't see it. "Want to play some Java Minecraft?" Karter turned there head back to me with wide curious eyes. I chuckled. "I'll take that as a yes."

. . .

I get out of my chair as the server loads on the screen. "Sit down here." I said patting the head of the chair. Karter sat up on my bed staring at me. I walked over to Karter and pulled their arm so they were standing. I led them to my chair and sat them down. "Your playing." I pointed at the computer screen just as it finished loading.

I looked at Karter and saw their eyes widen slightly. "Look familiar?" I asked Karter smiling. I leaned on my desk as Karter started at me shocked. "I said you could play." I shrugged my shoulders.

WilburSoot: long time no see :)
Eret: welcome back!

Karter just stared at the computer screen in front of them shocked. "You use 'W, A, S, D,' to move around, and the space bar is jump." I told Karter not sure if they've played Java Minecraft before. Karter pressed the 'W' key and started moving forward.

I heard a ding come from my computer, or was a discord notification. I opened up Discord on my phone and saw I had a new message from Wilbur.

Wilbur
- glad your back on Minecraft
- was worried you deleted it by accident

Alex
- im not that stupid
- was just busy

WilburSoot
- who knows
- that's alright
- you going to join a vc?

Alex
- nah
- I'm playing with a friend right now
- maybe I will tomorrow
- if I'm not busy again

WilburSoot
- no pressure some of the others just miss you
- I bet Tommy does

Alex
- he can message me

WilburSoot
- sometimes he prefers to call

Alex
- he can tell me that

WilburSoot
- maybe he cant

Alex
- ...
- now I feel bad for not messaging him often enough as I message you

WilburSoot
- that's just because I message first
- I'm just saying maybe you want to message him first
- and Tubbo
- maybe Techno if he hasnt messaged you yet
- and maybe join a vc soon
- but no pressure

Alex
- I get it
- calm down

WilburSoot
- have fun with your friend :)

Alex
- theres a reason why im with them now instead of you

WilburSoot
- gasp
- you don't mean it do you?
- Alex?

Alex
- with a friend right now

I turned off my phone smiling. I do miss them tho, the Sleepy Bois, and everyone else in the Dream SMP. I looked up at Karter and saw them smiling as they ran across Prime Path on the Dream SMP. That made me smile.

I do miss the Dream SMP, but I'm just busy right now. I sigh. Sometimes it's hard having two separate friend groups that don't know each other. It's not like I can join the two groups together. The worst thing is they hate each other, but I'm glad they don't. I guess this is the best-case scenario for having two separate friend groups.

What if two friend groups don't like each other... Then what? I shake that thought out of my head. They're not like that, nor friend group. I know my in-person friends like the Dream SMP. And the Dream SMP is cool with anyone. I just miss the other group sometimes...

.   .   .