Ch-69-Protect-?

. . .

I made sure Karter got to their class before running to my class. When my class would end I would run back over to Karter's class to walk them to their next class. One time I got there a bit late but was glad when I saw Karter waiting for me.

. . .

"I should walk you to your classes after lunch." Karter said and giggled a bit. "I'm not that tired." I protested. I did feel a little tired on our way to eat lunch under our tree, but it's not like I would tell Karter that. "Sure." Larger tolled their eyes. I lightly pushed them down to the ground when we got to the tree.

Karter groaned as they hit the ground. "I'm not." I said standing over them. "And I said sure." They said rubbing three leg. "Are you ok?" I asked sitting next to them my face softening. "Yeah, just a sore spot." Latter said rubbing their leg. "Sorry." I said. "It wasn't your fault, it was from yesterday." Karter mumbled the last part so quietly I almost could hear.

"Can I see?" I asked. "I guess." Karter said rolling up their pant a bit for me to see their knee. Karter's knee had a small bruise on it, it was fading away but was still purple. I looked up at Karter. "How are the other wounds?" I asked worriedly. I knew Karter had worse than just a bruise on their knee, after all, they were playing in a puddle of their own bloo- I focused m eyes on Karter. Karter was upfront with me, and they were better. They were alive.

Karter hesitantly nodded their head and listen to their shit. Karter raised their shirt just enough for me to see their stomach and the bandage wrapped around it. "Karter..." I said sadly not taking my eyes off their bandaged stomach. "It was just a cut..." They said quietly. I lightly touched the edge of the bandage touching their skin to make sure it wasn't loose. "If it was just a cut." I said then looked up at Katter. "Then why were you lying in a puddle of your own blood?" I asked looking them in the eyes.

Katter looked away from me dropping their shirt down. "I don't remember everything." They said quietly. I moved to sit next to them. "It's ok." I said patting their head. "It's probably fit the best." Karter nodded there head still not looking at me.

We pulled out our lunch and continued to eat in silane. "It sure is quiet without Richard." I said. Later nodded there head.

The quiet soon faded when I heard talking, but the talking wasn't coming from Karter. I saw Karter looking around, probably looking for who was talking to. Karter's head stopped moving facing hoards the school's doors. I looked over there and saw a few kids hanging around at the door.

I looked back down at Karter who seemed to be getting upset and angry at what all those people by the door were talking about. How can Karter even hear them? I strained my ears to try and hear what they were talking about.

"Goodness, he's gone..."
"Made them gay..."
"At them..."
"Gay..."
"Disgusting..."

"Hey!" Someone said causing the others to stop talking. "Leave... Talk to them..." They said quieter.

Side by the group of kids hanging around the door went back inside. Me and Karter shared a confused look. "Hey." Someone said gaining its attention. The person was walking out of the school and towards us. I stood up and walked in front of Karter who was also getting up, to protect them. "Hi." I said when they got closer. "Robin."

"Don't worry I'm not going to hurt you." She said. "Personally, I don't have anything against you guys or the LGBT, and neither does my sister." I glared at her not really believing her. "I wanted to apologize for her actions the other day. I tried to warn Richard about how strong she is, but he just didn't listen." Sue shook her head. "Why?" I asked gaining her attention. "Why would your try to help him and us?" I asked.

She shrugged her shoulders. "Sometimes Linsey goes too far. She's been getting more out of hand since she got kicked out of Karate. So I guess you could say I'm here to clean up after her." She said. She shared to walk around me to Karter but I kept getting in her way separating her from Karter. She stopped moving. "Fine, I'll just say it to you too then." She sighed. "Karter." She said. I looked back at Karter and saw them freeze and straighten up. "I'm sorry on my sister's behalf, even tho I am her other half." She said surprising us.

"You're sorry? For her?" I said shocked. "Hanna isn't a good influence on her and had been pushing her to get her anger out on others. I'm not sure why she went after you of all people, you seem like that calmest one. So I'm sorry for her actions." Robbin said. I looked at her shocked then at Karter. Karter didn't say anything and was still frozen, probably trying to prices what just happened.

"Then why didn't you stop her?" I asked. Robin put a hand to her chin. "Well, she is my sister, after all, my twin sister, and I have to let her think I'll always have her back." She rubbed her chin. "I was surprised when she told me what happened, she always tells me her plans and is always there to make sure she doesn't go too far. I'm not sure why she didn't tell me. If anything I blame Hanna." She said shrugging her shoulders.

"I won't ever forgive you." I said. "Or Hanna, or Linsey." I glared at Robin. "You hurt my s-friend, and ill never forgive you." Robin nodded her head. "Fair point. I don't expect you to forgive anyone either." She said looking past me at Karter. "Just know, I'll try to keep her under better control. And if anything happens again, tell me." She said then walked away.

When Robin was back inside the school I turned to look at Karter. They were still frozen in the same place as before. I walked up to Katter and hugged them. "Don't think too much about it." I told them. I didn't want Karter to think about it as much as I have and be as confused as me.

"All she meant was that she's sorry for her sister hurting you. She's going to make sure it doesn't happen again, and if anything happens again, we should tell her so she can warn her sister." I simplified it for Karte. It didn't help simplify it fit me tho, I was still confused about other things she said. "And you don't need her to protect you anyway, because I'm here for you." I said Hugging Karter slightly tighter aware of the wound on their stomach. I was glad when Karter hugged me back because that told me they were snapped out of it. "Thank you." They mumbled.

. . .