Ch-70-Cookie-?

. . .

Karter did what they said they would. Karter actually did walk me to all my classes after lunch, looks like we're talking turns now. No one did anything physical to us today, thankfully. But I could hear people talk about us as we walked past them to our class throughout the day. I'm just glad Karter didn't get physically hurt anymore today, but they might be mentally hurt after people talking about us. Karter has better hearing than me, so they heard more of what people said about us than I did. I just wish they would all just shut up.

.   .   .

Me and Karter walked out of the school. The school day was finally over. I sighed in relief. "How are you?" I asked Karter turning to look at them. I know Karter had it worse than me, I even saw them get picked on during class!

"I'm ok." Karter shrugged their shoulders. Lie. "You glad schools finally out?" I asked. "I guess so." Karter nodded their head. But I could see a smile for me on their face. "Oh come on, I know you are." I said they poked their cheek. Karter turned and looked at me with a smile. "Maybe."

"Well I know I can't want to do all that extra homework they gave me." I said sarcastically stretching my hands over my head. "I got a lot too." Karter said. "Math?" I asked. Later nodded there head. "I can't stand math." I said.

"Seriously, every time I have homework for math I have to ask my dad for help." I said. "I tried asking my mom one time, but she didn't know and just told me to ask my dad." I sighed pulling out my phone. I went to twitch and saw dad was live. "Great." I said turning off my phone and putting it back in my pocket. "Now dad is working too. How am I surprised to get all my extra math work done now?" I asked ranting about math.

"I know math." Karter said. My eyes widened. "Are you any good at it?" I asked stepping in front of Karter causing them to stop walking. "Yeah, I think so." They said. An idea popped into my head. "Would your mom mind if you got home late?"

.   .   .

"Mok I'm home!" I called opening the door. "Welcome back, how was school?" Mom asked walk-in into the main room. "It was good, and I even got some to help me with math today." I said stepping out of the way slowing Karter in the house. "Oh hi Karter, how are you?" Mom askes. "Good." Karter mumbled. "That's good." Mom smiled. "Well you kids get to work then, I'll make you some snacks." "Thanks, mom!" I said.

I grabbed Karter's wrist and dragged them behind me up the stairs to my room. "So this is my room." I said opening the door to my room and letting go of Karter's wrist. Karter nodded there head and walked in behind me. "My mom makes the best snacks, it's usually cookie, but these are the best. I think I gave you one, one time before." I said thinking out loud. "At the hospital?" Karter asked. "Yeah, that's it." I snapped my fingers. "That was the best cookie." "Yep." I said sitting on my bed. "You can sit where ever you want." I told Karter. Karter just sat on the carpet in front of my bed. "Let me join you." I said sitting next to Karter on the ground.

"Does your mom or dad ever make cookies?" I asked. "They used to." Karter said. "Were they any good?" I asked. "Not really, whenever someone made cookies, they would always get burnt." Harper smiled to themselves. I laughed a bit. "That's crazy, let me guess, that's why they don't make cookies anymore?" I askes joking around. "Partly." Karter said. I laughed a little more before Karter joined me. "Well, your welcome here anytime, even if it's just for a cookie." I smiled at Karter. "Thanks, I'll take up that offer." They smiled back.

"So... About that math work." I said pulling out a math packet of at least ten papers stapled together. Karter laughed at me. "Oh hush." I said. Karter opened there bad and also pulled out their math packet that looked the same as mine. "Looks like we got the same one." They laughed. "I guess so." I laughed too.

. . .

"Kids?" I heard a knock on the door. I looked at the door to see mom opening the door with a plate of cookies in her hand. Mom smiled at us. "You kids look like your having fun." She said. "If thats what you call it." I rolled my eyes. Math was not fun at all, but it wasn't so bad with Karter helping me.

I was laying on my stomach with my math packet opened in front of me. Karter sat next to be crossed with their copy of the pack in on the ground open in front of them. Karter had their elbows on the ground next to the math packet leaning over it as they wrote in it.

"Karter." I tapped their shoulder. Karter stopped working and turned their head to looked at me. "Want to take a break?" I asked propping my chin upon my hands. Karter looked at me, then looked up at my mom holding the cookies. "Sure." They said closing the packet, I then closed my packet too.

Mom walked into the room and placed two paper towels on the floor and two water bottles, then a paper plate on top with about a dozen cookies, some chocolate chip, some sugar cookies. Karter sat up and grabbed a chocolate chip cookie. I stayed laying down and grabbed a chocolate chip cookie and bit into it. "Thanks, they're great as always." I smiled at mom. I watched as Karter took a bite of their cookie, and as their eyes lit up. Karter quickly swallowed the cookie. "Thank you, these are so good." Karter smiled grabbing a sugar cookie. "I'm glad you kids like them." Mom said walking back out of the room. "If you need anything else feel free to get me." "We will." I called before mom closed the door.

"Alex." Karter turned to look at me with a surprised face. "Try one of the sugar cookies, those are awesome too." Karter said handing me one. "Ok." I said sitting up then taking the cookie. I took a bit out of the cookie. "These ones are so good too." I smiled at Karter.

When I looked at Karter I saw they had a sugar cookie placed into if a chocolate chip one. "What are you-?" I was going to ask a question. But then Karter took a bite of both cookies at the same time. "So good!" They smiled cheeks full of the cookies they just shoved in their mouth. I couldn't contain my laughter as I laughed at Karter. Karter started to laugh too, but then started coughing, so I had to calm myself down to calm Karter down. I gave Karter one of the water bottles mom borough in with the cookies. Karter took the matter bottle and gulped down half of the water. They coughed one more time before turning to look at me. "Still good." Karter ate the rest of their two-layered cookie.

. . .