Ch-12-Sleepover-?

.   .   .

I brought Jamie into my house where Phil and Kristen were waiting.

.   .   .

"I'm back home!" I yelled walking inside with Jamie behind me. "Welcome back!" I heard Phil yell back from the couch. "Whos that?" Asked Kristen from the kitchen. "Hi, I'm Jamie, Alex's best friend." Jamie said slinging an arm around my shoulders. I don't disagree with the thought of being best friend, it's just a surprise.

"Oh, Jamie I've heard about you." Phil said walking over. "Really?" Jamie asked taking her arm off me. "Yep." Phil nodded. "Well, thanks for being Alex's friend." Phil said. At least he didn't say anything else. "No problem sir, he is one of my best friends too." "Oh, no problem, and Phil is fine." "Yes, Phil."

"I'm Kristen, and Jamie, are you staying for dinner?" Kristen asked walking out. "I don't want to be a bother, and besides I don't live that far anyway." "You go the other way when you head home." I pointed out, Jamie glanced at me. "Oh, then please stay it won't be a problem at all." "Thank you, Kristen."

"So formal." Kristen chuckled going back to the kitchen. "You kids run along now, we have to make dinner." Phil waves us walking to the kitchen. "Oh so now your helping?" Kristen asked. Me and Jamie chuckled as I let her up the stairs to my room.

When I closed the door I blurted out the most important thing on my mind. "Why were you so polite?" Jamie sat at my desk hair hanging her bag on the back of the chair. "Why wouldn't I be?" "It's just not like you."

"Well, I have to be polite to adults, especially when your meeting someone for the first time, first impressions are always a must." Jamie said gesturing to her outfit. "Well, I like it. And besides, they don't mind, they're cool about anything." "Ok, I'll try to be less formal at dinner then." I smiled at Jamie. "That's good."

I sat in my bed grabbing my iPad. "So want to play on a new Minecraft world?" "Sure sounds fun." Jamie said pulling her iPad out of her backpack. "You bring that thing to school?"

"When you get there so early in the morning and have nothing else to do, you'll understand. And besides, it's not like I have it out of my backpack inside school so it's not breaking any rules." "So you play under the tree then?" "Yep."

.   .   .

"Thank you for dinner." Me and Jamie said in sync sitting next to each other, Phil and Kristen in front of us. "No problem at all, I hope you like chicken." Kristen said. "I do." Jamie nodded. "Me too." I said. "Alright let's eat then." Phil said already cutting his chicken slice.

"So Jamie are you going to be ok on your way home?" Kristen asked when we were almost done eating. "Yeah, I will be." "But it's getting dark, and she lived so far away." I used puppy eyes on Kristen. "I can drive you home if you want." Phil suggested. "But it's dark out." I used my puppy dog eyes on Phil.

Phil looked at Kristen who was already looking at him. Kristen shrugs her shoulders and Phil nods, then turns back to us. "It is Friday, so how would you like to stay here tonight? You would have to ask your parents of course." Me and Jamie gave each other a look.

"Yes!" I yelled happily. "Thank you!" Jamie also yelled pulling out her phone right away to text them.

The next few minutes at the dinner table were quiet with little conversation waiting for someone to text Jamie back. Then her phone dinged. "She said yes!" Jamie yelled happily. "Oh sorry for being loud." Jamie said quieter.

"It ok, sometimes it gets loud in here." Kristen says looking at Phil. "What? I'm not that loud."  "You are when you lose." I pointed out.

"Well thank you for having me over." Jamie said. "Yes, thanks for having her over." I said. "Thank you for staying." Kristen said. "Your kids can have fun now." Phil said taking our empty plates. "Just don't stay up too late." "Ok!" We smiled then ran up the stairs again.