Ch-79-Together-?

. . .

My anxiety was rising. I was about to tell Karter that we might change schools, or I might change schools alone, without them. There's no way is leave Karter behind at this bullying school.

.   .   .

"You ok?" Karter asked as we walked out of the school together. "Yeah, just thinking." I told Karter. "You can tell me anything." I looked over at Karter to see them looking at me seriously in the eyes. "Thanks." I smiled Karter smiled back. "Same goes to you." I could have sworn when I said that I saw Karter's smile twitch for a split second.

"Let's walk this way." Karter said leading me out of the school. I nodded my head and followed. "So what'd you want to talk about?" Karter asked when I was walking beside them again. "I have a question first. Where ate are we going?" I was genuinely curious, but I also wasn't sure how to tell Karter that I'll have to switch schools.

"It's a surprise." Karter said smiling at me mischievously. "Are you sure? I recognize this path." I said recognizing where we are, but not sure where we were going.

"You'll find out soon." Karter said not giving me any bits to where we were going. "I signed in defeat. "Fine, but this better is worth it." I pulled out my phone to text my parents that ill is late coming home cause I'm hanging out with a friend. They texted back, and of course, they knew id to be with Karter.

.   .   .

Karter stopped walking. "Is this the place?" I asked as we stood outside the shop. "Yep." Karter said leading me inside the ice cream shop.

The whole way on our walk here I kept avoiding what I wanted to tell Karter, what I had to tell them. I just don't know how to word it correctly. Well, I kind of do, but It's not easy to say.

When we went inside the frozen yogurt shop I recognized it eminently.

This is where Jamie took me...

Where we took Richard...

And where we meet Noah...

How does Karter-?

I stopped following Karter when I saw who they were walking towards. One person who sat at the table saw me, they smiled at me and waved. Karter ran back to me, grabbed my arm, and dragged me over to the group of people.

"Long time no see."

"Hey, Alex."

"We missed you."

I looked at Karter shocked. "Suprise?" They said.

I looked back over at the group of three people, who consist of, Noah, Richard, and Jamie. "This is a great surprise." I smiled at everyone seeing them all together again. It's been too long...

I sat between Noah and Jamie, Karter was next to Jamie, and of course, Richard had to sit next to Noah.

"I got you some cake batter." Jamie said sliding a bowl over to me. "You can have some of mine if you want, I got cotton candy." Jamie smiled at me with a knowing look in her eyes. She remembered... "Thanks." I smiled back.

"So how have you guys been?" I asked glancing at heh others. "Shouldn't we be asking you that?" Richard asked looking down at my hands. I quickly hid my hands under the table. I almost forgot...

I looked down at my hands in my lap not wanting to face anyone right now, even tho I did miss them all.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. "It's ok, you don't have to tell us now if you don't want to." I heard Jamie reassure me.

"You should know." I listed my head up and looked at everyone. "You all deserve to know." When I looked at Karter we locked eyes for a second. Karter knew the story, they were there. I quickly looked away from Karter feeling the guilt again. And they had to see it all happen...

"If you're ready." Jamie gives me one of her reassuring smiles.

. . .

I sighed. "And that's kind of what happened..." I said avoiding everyone's eyes at me, so I looked down at my hands again. I'm glad they didn't interrupt me while I was explaining what happened. But I'm still worried about how they will react...

"Were not mad." Richard said. I glanced up at him, but I saw how sad he looked, and the guilt in his eyes.

"You should have punched that kid instead." Noah said jokingly. I laughed a little at his joke. "Trust me, I wanted to." I held up one of my hands. Then used that hand to finally start eating some well-frozen yogurt that I've missed so much.

I felt a hand being placed on my other hand that was resting on my leg. I looked down at the hand resting on mine. I looked up and saw it was Jamie's hand. She was looking down at my hand sadly. "Jamie?" I asked.

"I should have been there..." Jamie mumbled. "If only I wasn't out first if I didn't change schools." Jamie looked me in the eyes. "Even if you did punch that kid, you might have had to switch schools cause of it. At least you with Karter." James gave me a weak smile.

"Actually..." I started.

Should I tell them? But it involves Karter. Karter has a right to know, and so do the others. Would Karter want me to tell them? Probably, we're all in his together. Maybe if all goes good me and Karter and switch to the same school.

"I might change schools..?"

.   .  .