Chapter-46

Magnus' POV

      "N-No... Sto-Stop... Sto... Ple... Plea... please..."

     "Alec?!"

     "S-Stop it... He-Help..."

     "Alec?! Wake up!!"

     "P-Please h-help... St... Jona... pl-please st-stop..."

     "ALEXANDER?!!"

     That night, Alec woke up with an asthma attack, delirious in his sleep. His whole body was shaking and his hair was wet with sweat.

     After several calls, he woke up, I picked up his inhaler from the bedside table and placed it between Alec's lips. Despite opening his eyes, he was still trembling and his entire body was tense. I had never seen him like this before.

     "Come on, Alexander...  Come on, calm down, I'm here." Alec gripped my hand tightly with one hand, digging his nails into the back of my hand.
"Magahh... Maghh... I-I... I c-can't
b-bre..."

      Alec finally took a deep breath of his inhaler. I ran my hands through his raven black hair.

     "Shh... Take it easy baby.. I'm here, I got you..."

     I picked Alexander up from where he was lying, resting my back on the headboard of the bed, and placing him on my lap.

     Alec was holding on to me tightly, as if his life depended on it. His body was still shaking and he was sobbing as he breathed.

     I ran my hands on his back and hair. It was four in the morning, and Alexander had calmed down after sitting on my lap for nearly an hour.

    For an hour I just comforted him and whispered sweet things in his ear and made him feel at peace.

   "Alexander baby, are you feeling better?" Alec just nodded without looking up from my neck. "Are you sure?" Again he nodded.

      I put my fingers under Alec's chin and make him look at me. Alec looked away from me, his eyes filled with tears. "Look at me darling." Alec shook his head and didn't look at me.

     He was biting his lips to stop crying. "Alexander, could you tell me what you saw?" Alec shook his head, "ALEC?!" Alec suddenly trembled, my voice was louder than I had anticipated, and my tone frightened him. "Alexander, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to scare you."

     Alec hid his head on my neck again, this time the tears were soaking my neck. "Alexander?" No answer. "Alexander babe, who is Jona?"

     Alec's entire body stiffens in my arms. His breathing quickened and he tried to get up from my lap. "Alexander please talk to me, don't do it like that."

     Alec got up from my lap and ran towards the door, holding his hand on his chest, trying to breathe. I went over to him, grabbed his arm and tried to keep him from leaving the room. Alec was having trouble breathing, he took another deep breath of his inhaler and stared into my eyes. As soon as our eyes met, Alec started to sob.

      His knees gave up and Alec fell to his knees on the floor. I knelt beside him and wrapped my arms tightly around him. I was afraid that if I let him go, he would slip out of my hands.

      I rock Alec back and forth, stroking his hair and back, trying to calm him down again. I've never seen Alec like this before. I could hardly hold back my own tears, it broke me to see Alec like this, my heart was shattered into a million pieces. I don't know how long we sat on the floor, but Alec's breathing evened out. He was crying but no longer sobbing.