Chapter-33

Magnus' POV

    As soon as I got home, I threw myself on the sofa. I thought about what happened today and realized that I was doing Alexander an injustice. After all, if he wants to be friends with Andrew, it's not something I can interfere with, and I knew he wouldn't do anything wrong. While thinking about these, a very good idea came to my mind and I immediately ran to the garage.

     I went to my unused closet in the garage and pulled out a bunch of colored candles and flashing fairy lights. I put everything under the big tree in the backyard and texted Izzy to drop by.

    About half an hour later Izzy knocked on the door. "Hey Magnus, what's so urgent?" I let Izzy in.

    "Iz honey, I want to surprise Alec, but I need your help." Izzy clapped her hands excitedly and listened excitedly as I told her my plan.

    While Izzy was downstairs making preparations, I went upstairs and got ready for the exhibition.

    I was wearing black skinny pants and a black shirt, I left a couple of tops of my shirt open, revealing my collarbones and a bit of my chest. I rolled up the sleeves of the shirt and when I was satisfied with my outfit, I started doing my hair.

    I lifted my hair up and sprinkled golden glitter on the ends. When I really liked my hair, I did my make-up, I didn't want to do an exaggerated make-up, I just used golden yellow glittery headlights to match my hair. When I was completely satisfied with my appearance, I sprayed my sandalwood-scented perfume, grabbed my jacket and went downstairs.Izzy continued to prepare the house the way I wanted it. 

    "I'm going to pick up Alec, we're going to the exhibition together, you can text me when you're done here."

     "Don't worry Magnus, go and have a nice evening." I nodded and walked to the door to leave the house. "And by the way, Magnus?" I turned to look at Izzy, "You look hot." I chuckled, thanked Izzy, and started driving towards Alec's house. 

    About fifteen minutes later, I was outside Alec's door, got out of the car and texted Alec. "I'm at the door." A few minutes later, the door opened, and I was stunned by what I saw. This was Alexander. He was wearing black trousers and a white shirt, and the black jacket he wore made him look bigger than he actually was. I thought, 'How did he manage to be so handsome with such simple clothes?'

    Alexander approached me and I hugged his neck without saying anything. His lily scent lifted me above the clouds, I was just thinking how happy Alec would be to see it tonight. Since we were still in a secret relationship, Alec didn't want to go on our first date. He wanted everything to be done properly and I was agreeing with him, so this indoor date  would make him very happy. I was very curious about the look on his face when he stepped inside the house. As soon as I broke away from Alec's hug, I realized I didn't say anything as soon as I saw him.

    "You look amazing darling." Alec's cheeks turn pink, the sweetest sight I've ever seen in the world. "You're so cute when you blush." Alexander gave me a small kiss on the cheek without saying anything. "Thank you Magnus. You've look amazing too." I opened the car door for Alec, "Shall we go?" Alec nodded and got in the car.

    The drive was pretty quiet. My one hand was constantly on Alec's. "Are you excited?" Alec nodded. "Yeah Magnus, this is the first time I'm going to be a part of something this big what if people don't like it." I brought Alec's hand to my lips and kissed his knuckles. "Don't worry baby, people will love it." Alexander looked calmer.

    "Who's going to be there?"

    "Umm... Jace and Clary are coming. Izzy said she didn't want to come, she had a last minute job, but she didn't say what. Simon had a music rehearsal so he couldn't come. And Andrew will be there." I sighed deeply,

    "Look, Alec, I want to apologize for what happened today. You were right, it was not your fault, and it was wrong of me to ask you to distance yourself from Andrew." Alec opened his mouth to speak "Let me finish..." Alec nodded and I continued. "I trust you more than anything in this world, and if you want to be friends with Andrew that's fine with me. You wouldn't do anything wrong anyway."

    When I finished speaking, we were in front of the exhibit and I stopped the car. "Thank you Magnus, what you said means a lot to me." Alec placed a small kiss on my lips and smiled, we both got out of the car and entered the exhibit.