Chapter-16

Magnus' POV

   As soon as I got out of school, I went straight home. I couldn't help the smile on my face, I had the best day of my life. I couldn't get Alec out of my mind, his lips, his neck, his breath that I still felt on me. The effects my touches had on Alec could not leave my mind. I can still hear his breathing and moaning my name. I thought everything was perfect today.

    I started doing my housework with today's memories in my mind. When I finished everything, I sat down at my computer to write the literature article I had to finish.

    I don't remember how many hours I worked non-stop, when I felt really tired, I decided to take a break. I looked at the clock, it was earlier. I grabbed a jacket and left the house to go to the next coffee shop.

     Slowly walking to the coffee shop I started thinking of Alec 'I'll call Alec as soon as I finish my homework, I miss his voice.' With these thoughts in mind, I walked into the coffee shop, ordered my usual coffee, and just as I was leaving the shop, I saw Clary and Isabelle come in. "Heyy girls, how are you?" Isabelle's eyes looked swollen and red. ''Izzy? What happened?" I started to panic when Izzy didn't answer "IZZY?!" Izzy took a deep breath. "My father left us. He said terrible things to Alec and left the house." As soon as I heard Alec's name, boiling water poured over my head.

   "Where is Alec now?"

    "He's at home. He wanted to be alone, so I'm going to spend the night at Clary's to give him some time."

    I closed my eyes, not knowing what to do. There was only one thing I was sure of, I couldn't leave Alec alone tonight. "Izzy, give me your keys." Izzy gave me a confused look. "If Alec wanted to be alone, he won't open the door as soon as I knock. Come on, give me your keys." Izzy gave me her keys, and as soon as I got the keys, I ran to Alec's house.

     I didn't know how long or how fast I was running. I didn't stop until I was in front of Alec's door. With trembling hands, I opened the door and ran up the stairs to Alec's room.

     As soon as I opened the door to Alec's room, my heart broke into a million pieces. "Alexander?!" I went to Alec's bedside "Alexander, please stay with me."

     Alec forced his eyes open. I didn't know what to do, Alec's pale face was blue. All of a sudden, my eyes landed on Alec's hand. Blood was running down his hand. ''Alec? What happened to your hand?" Alec didn't answer. I immediately went to the bathroom and brought the first aid kit.

     Alec didn't move. I hastily wrapped his hand. I noticed Alec's hand went cold as soon as I touched it. I immediately went to Alec's wardrobe and grabbed some blankets and wrapped Alec.

    Alec was tiny under the blankets. It was the first time I saw Alec shirtless and what I saw broke my heart. He was slender. All his bones were visible. His ribs were prominent enough to be counted. I wanted to ask Alec what was going on, I wanted to force him to tell me what was going on at that moment. But when I saw the vulnerable, fragile Alec, I held back.

    I wrapped Alec tightly in blankets. I went under the blankets next to him. I wrap my arms around Alec from behind. Held him tightly, hugging him tightly as if he would disappear if I let go. I felt Alec tremble. "Shh Alec, everything is fine. You will warm up now. Take a deep breath, I'm with you." Alec made no reaction.

    For a while, Alec and I just lay in bed. Alec didn't say anything, didn't move, didn't do anything. I started to run my hands in Alec's arms, playing with his hair.

    Suddenly Alec turned around and faced me. He wraps his arms around me and hugs me tightly as if his life depended on it. I hugged him back. I held him tight. I ran my hands over his back, playing with his hair calmly. Alec laid his head on my chest and closed his eyes. I whispered sweet things in his ear.

      After a while, Alec's breathing became regular. Alec started to sleep and I just watched him. Alec was muttering in his sleep, startled. I gently patted his back and helped him fall asleep again. Alec slept peacefully on my chest all night.

     When I woke up in the morning Alec's head was still on my chest and he was hugging me tightly. I ran my hands through his hair. He was still sleeping quietly.

      I slowly got out of bed, and as Alec started to move, I went to his bedside. "Shh baby, I'm here, sleep, okay?" Alec calmed down with my voice, and I went to the bathroom first. I washed my face in the sink, brushed my teeth with the toothbrush that Alec gave me the last time I came.

     All I saw while I was doing this was the broken mirror and Alec's blood dried on it. After drying my hands, I carefully removed the mirror from its place. I quietly carried it downstairs and threw it in the trash in front of the door.

      I went back to the room and cleaned the bloodstains from the bathroom floor. I went to Alec's closet and pulled out clean sweatpants and a thick sweatshirt for him, placing them on the edge of his bed. I went to Alec's drawer and pulled out a pair of socks and a black boxter, and put them next to the other clothes.

     I looked at Alec, who was sleeping peacefully, and thought, 'He didn't deserve any of this.' I quietly left the room and went to the kitchen, deciding to make breakfast for Alec.

    While I was making breakfast for Alec, the only thing on my mind was his body from last night. His body so fragile, so weak and pale, I thought, 'Why is he doing this to himself?'

   After I prepared Alec's breakfast, I put everything on a tray and took it to his room. When I entered Alec's room, I put all the dishes on the bedside table. I turned on Alec's computer, and what he watches every time he's upset. I went to Alec's desk and searched for his sketch pad and pencils, found them all and placed them by Alec's bedside.

    I looked at what I had prepared for Alec. "Shit.." I ran back to the kitchen and came back a few minutes later with a small pot of herbal tea.

    When I came back into the room, Alec had woken up, his back to the headboard of the bed, looking around in bewilderment. As soon as I entered the room, he pulled one of the blankets up to his bare chest. I finally understood why he was hiding his body from me, so I slowly walked over to him, putting the teapot in my hand next to the other dishes.

   “Hey baby, did you sleep well?” Alec just nodded. I went to the bathroom and brought the first aid kit, unwrapping Alec's hand. I placed small kisses on the wounds on his knuckles. After applying the cream on his wound, I bandaged his hand again.

   "I have to make a little phone call, get dressed until I get back, then get under the blankets again. OK?” With that, I placed a small kiss on Alec's forehead and left the room.