Chapter 33: Good...Or Bad News?

Start from the beginning

"It hurt," I say, feeling tears start to well up, "It hurt so badly. He called me names, and he made me feel like I was some kind of whore. I really do care about him and I just...It really hurts when I even think about him. We slept together one night and I really loved it and I thought we would have a future. It was the first time in such a long time I've been with a guy. My last time wasn't consensual, but Klaus made all my worries go away." I wipe my tears and Freya offers a hug which I gladly upset.

"Now, now, I didn't mean to make you cry when I came over," Freya says and we both laugh. "Let's get started with our... 'checkup'." Freya smiles over at me and I get up onto the kitchen counter and I'm told and I lay down. I close my eyes and breathe in and out, opening my mind for Freya. She starts chanting for a few seconds moving her hands, right above my body, up and down.

"Oh my god!" Freya shouts, jumping up and I look towards her, lifting myself up and looking at her with worry.

"What? What? Is it something bad?! Am I dying?!" I ask Freya who stands still, her eyes and pupils wide.

"I found the dot. The missing, blinking dot," She murmurs and I grab her hands.

"Frey, what do you mean?! What's happening to me?" I ask, my body starting to shake. Freya looks me straight into the eyes, holding onto my arms tightly.

"You're pregnant, Caroline."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Klaus' POV

I walk down the stairs looking for my siblings.

"Where is Freya?" I question Elijah as I enter the main living room.

"I think she went out," Elijah responds in his monotone voice as he flips through the pages of his newspaper. I huff before sending him a glare.

"Where out, brother?" I ask again, this time my voice held a little more anger. Elijah sighs before dropping his paper next to him.

"I believe she went out for some fun, Niklaus. Is that not allowed now?" Elijah sarcastically asked and I sent him one more look before turning around and leaving the room, walking through the Grand Foyer to the other hallway.

Where is she?!

My thoughts trace back to Caroline like most times. Her soft blonde curls and beautiful body underneath me in my bed, her face screaming in ecstasy as she tightens around me. I miss her sweet smile and her soft giggles and everything else that makes her, her. At first I was so mad, I wanted to punch anything and kill anyone in my way. That night, I went out to feast on a few tourists before breaking their bodies. But as I laid in bed I couldn't help thinking that I was missing a part of myself now, a part I had given to Caroline.

I sighed in annoyance before turning around and walking back into the Grand Foyer and out the door before speeding off into the distance. I rushed to the edges of town before walking at a normal pace. The humid afternoon air is still in the air but with the sun lowered, the shade is welcoming and more present.As soon as I arrived at Caroline's apartment, with the help of my vampire spies in the neighborhood, I carefully broke the lock before entering the building. I walked up the stairs to her apartment, my thoughts interrupted when I heard Freya's voice.

That lying bast-

..."But, he never did know how to deal with his anger. The way he was told growing up was to beat into someone else. So, try to keep an open mind for our sake. I know he's hard to deal with, but I believe that you are my best chance at getting my brother back."