Chapter 6 - My Lover

A/N
Before we begin I would like to submit my formal apology for Yelena, she lost the fight, I'm sorry. I would also like to apologise in advance for this. Sorry...

But on a more serious note reading and responding to all your comments yesterday gave me a lot of joy so thank you.

--

Letting her head quiet down, Red walked slowly towards the sounds of the fighting between the Young Avengers and the Winter Guard. She lifted the hard section to her face again.

"Don't," Kate's voice rushed over Red's ears, making her look up instantly to see Kate standing in front of her with her arms up, "please."

"Are you stupid?" Red asked, walking over to her, "you're not even armed, why are you here?"

"I'm only here for you," Kate said softly, reaching up and running her hands over the fabric of the cape, "and I'm not going to hurt you."

"You couldn't hurt me if you tried," Red told her, just watching Kate as she stood in front of her.

Kate moved her hands to the back of Vienna's head, going to take her mask off but she pulled away.

"I know you're scared," Kate said quietly, letting her hands rest on Vienna's face, "But we were happy, for that short time, weren't we?"

"Ne slushay yeye," (don't listen to her) Sidorov said in her ear, making her head twitch.

"We were," Red said as Kate went for the mask again but this time the Red Widow didn't just pull away, she slammed Kate to the floor, pinning her in place. "Stop it."

"This mask is the only thing keeping you here," Kate told her, struggling against her grip as she swung her leg out knocking Red over so that Kate was sitting on top of her. "I won't believe that you want to stay until you tell me with it off your face."

Kate reached under Vienna's collar, pulling the mask up as Vienna made it as hard as possible without hurting Kate.

"Please, don't take it off," Vienna's voice began to crack as the fear and pain came rushing to her head, tears forming in her eyes, "I don't want to hurt you, please I can't take it, please."

"It's okay," Kate said, letting go of the mask for a moment as it rested over her eyes but the lower half of her face was exposed. "We'll get through this together, we're all here to help you."

Kate leaned down and kissed Vienna softly, hoping that it would bring Vienna back into her head.

"Krasnyy!" (Red) Sidorov yelled into the Red Widow's ear, "Chto ty dumayesh' ty delayesh'?" (what do you think you're doing)

"I know you're trying to help," Red said against Kate's lips, resting her forehead on hers, "but listen to me- um, oh god this would be a lot more emotional for you if I actually remembered what your name was. I had it for a moment there but then it slipped away."

"What?" Kate asked, pulling back a little to see the seemingly bored expression on the Red Widow's face.

"Shame," she muttered before extending her katana into Kate's abdomen and using the stick to push her off of her.

The katana pinned Kate to the floor as Red used it to stand back up without removing it from Kate.

"What was it?" Red asked, turning and pulling the mask up off of her eyes so that she could see properly again, "you're name?"

"Kate," Kate choked as she tried to pull the blade out of her stomach but it wouldn't budge with the Red Widow holding it.

"You're very pretty, no wonder you were so important to Vienna," Red smiled, pulling the katana out of Kate as she stood over her, "but I killed Vienna, and now you can be together again."

Red stabbed the blade into Kate's throat with a sharp motion and then pulled it back quickly, turning as Kate began to choke on her own blood.

"Vienna!" an angry voice yelled, making her turn and face him, "what have you done?"

"My job," Red said simply, pulling her mask back down and tucking it back into her collar.

Quickly she clipped the hard part of her mask back onto her face and pulled her hood up. With her katana in hand, she stood facing him.

"Tak ty sobirayesh'sya ubit' menya togda?" (so, are you going to kill me then?) Red asked, rolling her shoulders as she prepared herself to run at him, "Zimniy soldat." (Winter Soldier)

Again, I'm sorry, hope you're all doing okay.