Chapter 7 - Consequences

Carol Danvers hit the ground with a crash. She hadn't expected smooth sailing with these two, considering their backgrounds and the reason they were all there in the first place. But this was further than she thought they'd go, it was further than she'd thought they'd get.

As she stormed across the rocky surface of the planet, Vienna appeared about fifty feet in front of her.

"Hello," Vienna smiled, waving at her as she stood alone.

"The hell do you think you're playing at?" Carol snarled as she continued to walk towards her.

Vienna didn't speak. She only smiled.

"huh? Well? You stole from me," Carol said angrily as she closed the gap between them, "I know you have your reasons but we were allies, I was helping you and your sister, I was going to take you here anyway. I know you don't take help very well but you should learn! You're impatient. You're single minded. You've been nothing but rude. You're... Happy? Why are you smiling at me? Did you fully lose it? Did it wo- no I can't let myself think like that."

"Maybe you should," Vienna said softly, finally speaking again, "cause I have the best get out of jail free card the universe could have provided."

Vienna turned her head to see Natasha and Yelena finally making it to the foot of the mountain. Yelena had hurt her ankle in her fit of grief filled rage so Natasha had been helping her down.

"Hey Cap," Natasha said with a smirk, "I heard its been a while."

"Nat," Carol breathed with a teary smile as she looked over to see her friend alive and well.

-----

"You guys are still not off the hook you know," Carol said as they all sat in her space ship.

"Oh they know," Natasha said, a warning tone in her voice.

"You really think you can do anything to punish me?" Vienna laughed, an eyebrow raised at her sister and she leant with her arms stretched across the back of her seat. She crossed her middle and index finges together as she spoke, "and you know what Yelena and I are like."

"The way I see it kid, you're still stuck with me," Carol smirked, "if your sisters wanna go home to Earth, that's fine I'll drop them off. But unless you wanna face the consequences of your own actions, Earth's kind of off limits to you right now."

Vienna could only look down at her knees, she didn't want to look up at Carol's smirking face. She knew she was right. Technically, she was the only one that had to be there.

"What do you mean off limits? What did you do?" Natasha asked, a concerned frown on her face.

"I shot someone," Vienna said simply.

"You've shot a lot of people Vienna," Natasha sighed, "that's never banned you from a planet before, narrow it down."

"A Russian official, in front of the UN," Vienna explained, "they want extradition or international trial."

"In front of the UN?" Natasha said, dumbfounded by the story being relayed to her, "are you stupid? Did you sleep all the way through the assassin school you grew up in? In front of the UN? Really?"

"He deserved it," Yelena piped up, trying to defend her younger sister.

"No doubt but you do it quietly," Natasha sighed, making Carol frown a little at the three of them, "come on Vienna, use your head."