Chapter 6 - Alone

Trigger Warning: suicide - implication of attempted suicide.

If content like this is going to hurt you or make you feel uncomfortable in any way, I will put a summary after the section where the content is for anyone that wants to skip.

-----

The red skull disappeared into his mist and left the two widows a top of the mountain. Vienna was on her knees, simply staring blankly at the floor. It was like she couldn't do anything else, the numbness made her feel paralysed.

"This is bullshit!" Yelena yelled, kicking the rocks next to her, "this isn't fair! We came all this way, we worked so God damn hard."

Tears formed in her eyes, she couldn't keep it in any longer. She screamed through her cries as she attacked anything that was around her.

"You left me again!" she screamed into the air, her anger and grief overwhelming her completely, "you left me behind again. I don't how to live in a world without you, how could you do this to me? You still had so much more to do."

"What does it matter?" Vienna mumbled, her eyes heavy as they refused to cry, "what does any of it matter?"

"Vienna, seychas ne vremya," (now is not the time) Yelena told her, her voice shaking with her breath, "Eto vse der'mo! YA vse eto nenavizhu!" (this is all shit! I hate all of it!)

While her sister screamed and cried to the air around them, Vienna finally stood up. Slowly, she took unsteady steps towards the edge where Natasha would have jumped to get the soul stone. Nothing felt real to her right now, like the crushing reality of it all had snapped and she left floating.

"Vienna! Pozhaluysta-" (please) Yelena shouted at her, reaching out and grabbing her by the arm, "huh-"

"Prekrati eto, Yelena," (stop it) Vienna's voice was painful as her tears finally started to fall. Yelena's hands let go of Vienna's arm but instantly came back to her shoulder. "Bros', Yelena, ya ser'yezno!" (Quit it Yelena, I meant it!)

In a short fit of anger, Vienna hit back and tried to push Yelena away from her but, once she turned the red hair made her heart stop.

"What do you think you're doing kiddo?" Natasha smiled at her, one hand on each of her sister's shoulders, "time to step back from the edge, don't ya think. It's a long way down, I should know."

"Natalia," Vienna sobbed, letting her sister step them all away from the edge of the cliff.

-----
End of trigger warning:
The summary - feeling hopeless after thinking they failed, Vienna steps up to the edge of the cliff intending to jump. Yelena tries to stop her, in the process it is revealed that they had in fact succeeded and Natasha had been brought back to life. Vienna is taken back from the edge and all three sisters are back together again.
-----

Finally together again, the three widows sat on a large flat rock away from the edge of the cliff. Yelena leaning on Natasha's shoulder, her arms wrapped around one of Natasha's. Vienna sat on the floor looking up at her sister, just taking in her face like it was the first time she'd seen it.

"So how'd you guys get here anyway?" Natasha asked, resting her head on top of Yelena's and reaching down to stroke her thumb across Vienna's cheek, "you walk or something."

"Space ship," Vienna told her.

"Well yeah," Natasha chuckled, "how'd you get one? Who took you here?"

Vienna and Yelena gave each other a look. They'd have to return the ship to Carol eventually so they might as well tell Natasha what they had done.

-----

"You stole from Carol Danvers!" Natasha exclaimed, standing with her hands on her hips after hearing their explanation.

"Of sorts," Vienna said.

"Of sorts! There's no sorts about it, wasn't Carol trying to help you guys?" Natasha questioned them, frowning at the pair of them.

"Ah Natasha," Vienna said mockingly as they were being lectured, "Zhit' na zapade s you guys." (living in the west with -)

"Dumayesh', zhizn' na zapade zastavila menya zabyt' rodnoy yazyk?" (you think living in the west made me forget my own language?) Natasha asked, leaning down to Vienna with a raised eyebrow, "huh, Vienna?"

"Net," (no) Vienna smirked up at her sister as she sat with her elbows rested on her knees.

"Derzkoye malen'koye der'mo," (cheeky little shit) Natasha smiled, happy to see her sister free from the confinement that she had last saw her in.

"Vienna," Yelena said, elbowing her in the side.

Vienna turned and looked in the direction that Yelena was pointing, a bright light had come through the atmosphere and looked like a shooting star in the sky. They had company.