Chapter 5 - Suit Up

Kate Bishop felt nervous, which wasn't all that unusual but it felt different this time. She stood in the living room in an all black suit as she waited for the others, Yelena and Vienna had agreed to help with their investigation before they moved on again.

Kate began to pace as Vienna appeared from the hallway, she stopped dead the moment she saw her. She wore a blue dress and her ponytail had turned into a half up style. Vienna didn't look as tired anymore and her bone structure had been highlighted by the make-up she was wearing.

"Hey," Kate stuttered, smiling at her as  she rocked on her heels.

"Hello," Vienna nodded back at her, "Clint still not ready?"

"No, I'm first out," Kate said, trying to pull herself together, "Yelena?"

"No," Vienna sighed, pulling at the sleeves of her dress, "she's being a drama queen, 'my hair isn't right'."

Vienna mimicked her sister as Yelena came up behind her, giving her an annoyed look.

"Shut up," Yelena sighed, perching herself on the arm of the couch, "it needs to be properly secured or it could become a problem."

"You know you don't have to follow the textbooks to the letter right?" Vienna teased, raising an eyebrow at Yelena, "you get points for creativity."

"Ha, you're a comedian," Yelena said sarcastically, standing as she saw Clint come into the room, "it's time to go."

-----

As they walked together, the human textbook stayed by Clint to get more information on the mission while Vienna hung back with Kate.

"You guys seem really close," Kate said, gesturing between Vienna and Yelena as they walked down the stairs in the apartment building, "I know you're sisters, and you can totally not answer if you don't want to, but are you adopted siblings? It's just your last names are different."

"No, it's fine," Vienna said, glancing over at Kate as she walked down the steps, "Yelena, Natalia and I, we grew up in a training facility together. Two very kind people there kept us together."

"Oh, training facility?" Kate asked, just wanting to know a little about Vienna, "what did they train you in?"

"Ballet," Vienna kept her soft smile as she spoke, holding the door for Kate as they left the building, "espionage and assassination."

Kate tried not to look too shocked but the matter of fact way Vienna had said it had admittedly taken her by surprise. All she did was give a small nod as they made their way over to the car.