Chapter 4 - The Brief

Fury made sure that the group was settled down before he started to speak. He looked around at them and couldn't help but be reminded of the original six that he held so dearly. They had driven him crazy and they made horrible decisions but they always pulled through.

"Right," Fury said, getting started as he took the tablet that Maria Hill handed to him, "As you all know, Hydra has increased their activity, significantly in the last few months. Acquiring materials, noise on the monitors, steps on the floor. Most of the hide outs we've looked into have been purely outposts, but this one, we have intelligence that tells us this one is more than that. This man, Novikoff, should be inside the building working on project capere."

Fury paused for a moment as he let them all look at the display. As he watched the mixed expressions across all his new recruits he had a small twinge of doubt. He had had the same feeling before the battle of New York but this time he didn't have a God to provoke to bring them together. He could only hope that this mission does the job.

"Some of you have been working well together," Fury told them, frowning as he spoke, "some of you aren't team players. Some of you clash as leaders. But today and for the future, you will work as a team. Whatever Hydra is planning, it will likely cost the lives of countless thousands of people. Do not screw this up."

Fury locked eyes with Vienna. She did not have a reputation for being a team member, or even a leader for that matter even though she'd been tasked with it in the past. Her thing was maximum casualties, no one gets in the way, and without the strain of the conditioning, she was more unpredictable than ever.

Her files were very secure, he had hope that some of them were contained within the building he was sending them to infiltrate. Fury hated not knowing one hundred percent of the information, if he could get something on her past, the experiment, any of it. It would definitely help ease his discomfort with her. He would have to try and contact the family again but, they never answered him for Natasha, he couldn't assume they would answer for Vienna.