Chapter 15 - The Archer

Vienna barely made it around the corner before Kate popped out from behind it. All smiles as she stood fiddling with her fingers standing in the corridor.

"I didn't engage, did you see?" she joked, rocking on her feet, "all watching, just like you asked."

Vienna laughed as she walked up to the archer, a soft look in her eye as she watched her.

"I did, you did great," Vienna's voice was gentle as she settled a couple of steps away from Kate who was still fidgeting.

"You guys are very serious," Kate continued to ramble, "you and your sisters, I think you need to relax a little. Just lay back and-"

"You wanted to talk," Vienna cut her off, trying to contain her smile as she looked at Kate's nervous expression.

"Straight to business, okay," Kate nodded, "I'm a little nervous, are you not nervous? Cause we were kind of in the middle of something and then-"

"Come with me," Vienna chuckled, reaching forward and taking Kate by the hand, leading her into the closest empty room as she continued to ramble.

It was cute, the way she seemed incapable of shutting up. Vienna closed the door behind them.

"So listen," Kate took a deep breath as she stood waiting for Vienna, "here's the thing, just kiss me. I don't wanna ramble anymore but I don't think I'm gonna stop so just bring it on. I want you to, I have wanted you to since I met you. The way you cut your own face with my arrow, kinda liked it not gonna lie, scared me for sure but you know, hot too."

Vienna laughed as she closed the gap between them, putting her arm around Kate's waist and pulling her closer. The archer was still talking when she shut her up, gently melting into the kiss and bringing her hands up to hold Vienna's face. It was everything she wanted. The softness of it, the quiet of the empty room. Just the two of them.

The kiss was shorter than they both wanted, Darcy came crashing through the door making them break apart in surprise.

"Sorry," Darcy exclaimed after realising what they were doing, covering and uncovering her eyes with her hands, "Sorry, sorry, sorry. But um, what did you do with my multiverse machine? The multiverse machine?"

"Nothing," Vienna told her, "it's off."

"You know, I can see that," Darcy nodded, "but still there are big portal thingys above New York, dropping alien monsters in the street. I managed to turn them off but, aliens are still in the street."

"You should break that machine," Vienna told her, removing her arm from around Kate and walking towards Darcy, "damn your science, just break it so it doesn't happen again. We should go."

Kate gave her a nod as she passed Darcy out the door who looked like a pouting child. Darcy understood of course, the machine had proven to do more harm than good, but the possibilities it presented were endless. She would have to study it even if it was broken.

End of part 6