Chapter 9 - Sister Of Mine

With her heels tight together and her toes parted, Vienna's feet were in a perfect V as she stood observing a painting on the wall outside of the room where Sam and Bucky were interrogating Walker. As she looked at the painting, Vienna heard a noise. A noise the the house didn't make on its own. A creak in the wood the that only happens when significant pressure is applied.

Vienna was incredibly light footed, she made sure that she didn't make any such creaks in the floor boards as she began to check for whoever was in the house. Every step was carefully placed as she searched.

After living there for a while, she knew where all the dark spots were. She could be invisible in these places, no one looked, so no one saw.

Once she had eyes on the intruder, a soft smirk spread across her face. She waited for the blonde hair to disappear round a corner before following on behind. She watched as the young women checked her surroundings.

"Boo."

"Jesus!" Yelena exclaimed almost jumping out of her skin as she turned to see Vienna leaning calmly against the wall, "when did you get there?"

"I've been following you since you came in," Vienna smiled, pushing herself off of the wall and walking out of the room.

"Hey," Yelena called after her, following her younger sister through to the sitting room that was just next door, "are you okay?"

Vienna gave her a soft nod as she sat down on the couch , bringing her legs up to cross them. Yelena let herself smile as she joined her on the couch.

"I'm glad you're okay," Yelena said quietly as she gently stroked the hair out of Vienna's face, "your eyes are different, I couldn't see you before but I can now."

Vienna went to speak but she was cut off as Sharon came into the room. She had intended to check in on what was going on with Walker but it had taken her aback to see a stranger sitting in her house.

"Who's this?" she asked, raising an eyebrow at the woman frowning at her from across the room.

"A theif, a really bad one," Vienna said without skipping a beat, not even glancing back to see Yelena glaring at her from behind, "caught her straight away, it was embarrassing really."

"You're shit, you know that," Yelena said, the annoyance in her tone pouring through.

"Stealing is strictly prohibited Yelena," Vienna feigned a shocked gasp as she stood up from the couch, "even a rule breaker like yourself should know that."

"It's also illegal, did she take anything?" Sharon asked, glancing between the two of them.

"I'm her sister," Yelena told Sharon sharply as noticed that Vienna was mouthing something to her, she could just about make it out, "ugh- the law is like rules that everyone in a country has to follow. Different country's have different laws but most are similar and everyone has laws."

"Belova, right," Sharon nodded as she processed the situation, "wait, why doesn't she know what the law is? You know what the law is right?"

"I do now."

"It can be confusing, so in the red room for a long time they just don't tell you about it," Yelena explained, leaning back in her seat, "we were made to follow such strict rules and that breaking them is out of the question, and we're told we work for our country, if we found out that Russia had laws against; murder, theft, espionage, all of the kind of things we're trained to do, it can be confusing. Hypocrisy causes doubt, especially for the younger widows. With what happened with Vienna, evidently they just never told her."

Sharon nodded slowly as she looked over at Vienna, she seemed more relaxed than usual. Vienna was curled up most of the time or tense but she seemed calm at the moment. Sharon didn't know why, but it made her feel less wary of Vienna.

"I see we've got guests," Bucky said as he stepped in through the doorway.

"James."

"Yelena."