Chapter: 38 Home is where your Mom is

Start from the beginning

"All right but just so you know we don't have to rush, I mean we could leave after a week when things get a little better" his eyes follow mine, and looks at the same billboard, " people have just started supporting you, maybe we should wait"

I'm listening to what he's saying and I understand each word. I was also doubting this part but now that he made it clear there's no rush then maybe we should leave after a week or so when things calm down a little. 

I don't want to mess this up because of a getaway and to be honest, I was kinda hesitating to bring this matter up but now that he said he's okay then I should take this chance and cut all the backlash off my life that started two years ago. End it once and for all.

I press his hand and nod my head, "fine, let's wait"

We didn't stretch the matter any further and silently inside a comfortable atmosphere we drove to my place,

"In case you feel bad about postponing the trip then I'll take you out dinner, just to make you feel better" he helps me unlock the seat belt and I give a thought,

"I'm fine with the postponing but dinner sounds nice" I grab my stuff from the backseat and fixed my hair a little before getting out, "my place or yours?"

"Neither, I'll take you somewhere else" he was resting his arms sideways flexing his veins. I smile and walk to his side of the car, looking at him from outside, " you want me to wear something specific? Casual, formal, anything?" I place a strand of hair behind my ears.

"Just Red," he smirks and softly pecks my lips "see you," he winks and drives off.

I bit my lips and smile like a dork before entering the building,

*Present*

I didn't realize I doze off but thank god I did. I'm feeling much refreshed now, I check my phone and there was one message from Mr. Lewis that said he arranged a press conference for next Tuesday.

A press conference is not a bad idea, I wanted to complete the previous interview and now it seems like I can do it through this conference but before that, I need Ms. Velcour's help. 

She's a family lawyer and very reputable in this field, I need her to help me sue Nicole for defamation. When I said I will protect myself, I wasn't kidding, I'm going to make her life hell for ruining my career, for mentally playing with me and fucking slandering me.

I got up and dialed Monica's number asking her to set a meeting with Ms. Velcour for tomorrow. I need to file the case before the press conference so that I could announce it then and there. I'll even need someone to take a picture of me going inside the court to spread the variability about it, I want Nicole to find out I'm suing her, through media.

I hung up the call and decided to take a shower, freshen my mind, and actually give a thought about things that's happening around me. 

I pick my dry clothes and put them on the bed as I beeline to the bathroom. Turning the shower on I wash my hair and give a long thought about the current events of my life. 

Five months ago I wouldn't even imagine the things that are happening right now. My mom would be telling me to come home if she sees the mess I'm in. As much as I want her to visit me, I was glad that she made a sensible choice of not coming here for the time being. 

After everything calms down and there is no Nicole issue left to deal with then I'll personally fly to D.C and bring her with me or I'll stay whatever works. 

I grab a soap bar from the top and rinse my shoulder greeting the fragrance that I missed, Lavender, 

After my successful bath session, I put on my robe and walked to the kitchen for a drink when I heard the doorbell.