Chapter 44

New is with Arm and Mek in Mek's room when Off and Gun burst into the room, hand in hand and matching grin sewed onto their faces.

Arm groans, but it's playful. "This is a thing again? I'm never gonna let you live it down." He says to Off. "I called it, mate." He tells him and Off chuckles nodding in confirmation.

"Cold feet, love?" Gun comes up and drapes a hand around Mek's shoulders.

"Nah." Mek says happily. "I'm not a chicken, like my brother right there." He sticks his tongue at Arm.

"Are you calling me a coward, Mek?" Arm asks playfully and Mek nods. "I'm just gonna have to prove you're wrong then." He leans back in his seat with a smirk. 

"Wait for me to get married first, please. Mom's gonna have a heart attack if you do it before." Mek says.

Off, Gun and New frown in confusion, but all they get as an explanation is a wink from Mek and a smirk from Arm.

"New." Gun starts and New sees the look in his eyes. It's warning and New knows he's in trouble. "We have to talk."

"What did I do, now?" New groans. "About what?"

"Someone called Tawan." Gun says and the whole room freezes. You could cut the tension with a knife. Gun looks at all of them giving New sympathetic looks.

"Wait. Am I the only one who didn't know?!" He asks incredulously.

New is too busy glaring at Off to respond, though. "I'm going to have off your hair in your sleep." New tells him pointedly and Off gives him an apologetic look. He sighs in the end and looks at Gun. "You know that you're a judging little shit sometimes, Gun. Plus, you warned me a million times not to go for him."

"But you did, didn't you?" Gun shots back. New nods. "Care to explain?"

"Outside?" He pleads. "Mek needs to get ready."

Gun nods and they get out on the balcony. They sit there, bathing in sunlight while New talks. For the first time, Gun stays quiet and listens to the whole story while New tells him everything, his eyes closed and his head leaned back onto his shoulders.

"I wish things were different, but I believe all of it happened for a reason." He finishes.

Gun sniffs and that brings him back to reality.

"Gun Attaphan, are you crying?" New asks, jaw on the floor.

"Shut up." Gun wipes at his cheeks. "You know how much I love these mushy love stories."

"Gun." New shifts closer and hugs his friend.

"I wish you told me sooner, so I could've been there for you." Gun says.

New shakes his head. "You were trying to heal your own wounds, babe. And I'm fine, now."

"I'm sorry I was a judging little shit."

"I didn't mean that." New kisses him on the head. "I wish I told you sooner, too." Gun nods and snuggles deeper into his embrace. "I'm glad you and Off are okay."

Gun smiles. "Yeah." He pulls back and gets up, pulling New with him. "Let's go now. We have a wedding to go to."

They both grin et each other and go inside, hands clasped together.

*

The wedding is absolute bliss. Jenna is beautiful at the ceremony and New elbows Arm when he looks at her like with proud eyes. Arm groans at him and Alice, who's standing next to them just smirks at the interaction.

Alice is absolutely beautiful, too. She's wearing a long wine-red dress with lace all over it, high heels that are high enough for New to go behind her all the time thinking she'll fall and break something.

She doesn't, though. She looks like a right princess, New thinks and when she catches him looking at her she flashes him her best smile.

Arm looks down at her and kisses her on the lips softly, going to stand behind his brother at the altar. She shuffles closer to New who hugs her and kisses her on the top of the head. She sighs happily. "You're looking at me like Arm's looking at Jenna." She teases.

"Yeah, but I've loved you from the day one and Arm's still coping with the fact that he doesn't hate her the way he wanted." New smiles. "You're too beautiful."

"Thank you, hon." She snuggles into his arms and they spill a few happy tears along with everyone else as the priest says: "You may kiss the bride."