Chapter 08

"Gun!" New yells.

Off and Gun disappeared into the bedroom a while ago and Gun needs to go grocery shopping because they're out of everything.

He goes to knock at the door but when he hears a high-hitched moan coming from Gun's room he backs off and sighs heavily.

"Damn sex addicts." He murmurs to himself. He's going to have to do the grocery shopping by himself or he'll starve to death.

He doesn't even think about saying goodbye before he's out of the condo. He doesn't want to find Off or Gun in an inappropriate position and he definitely doesn't need to see that. He can live without it.

When he's on the bus stop, he sits down on the bench just when the bus stops in front of him. It's full. There's no other word for it. It's like people are suffocating inside and New thinks of walking but he's tired and he needs to take the bus.

He gets in, somehow, and moves towards the middle to let other people enter the bus. He is suffocating now.

There are no empty seats in the bus and there's no pole nearby that he can grab onto, so when the bus starts moving, he stumbles back.

He's ready for the fall, really. And he knows that people are going to laugh and he'll probably be bruised and embarrassed, but he's ready for it. Only, that doesn't happen.

What he's not ready for is a strong arm holding him up and his hands on the broad shoulders of the man that prevented his fall to the ground. All he can smell in the dusty old bus is his cologne and all he can see is that haunting brown color.

"This is a really bad habit, princess." Tay says.

New can't do anything, but sigh heavily right there in Tay's arms. He can't believe his stupid luck. He just can't believe it.

"It's really not a habit, it's just a bad damn luck." New grits out.

Tay just smirks at him and that's really hot. Fuck his life.

"C'mon princess, you know you like it." Tay's tone is teasing but there's something uncertain in his voice. "You really expect me to believe you aren't doing it on purpose?"

New is full on glaring now. He really wishes there was something else he could grab now, besides Tay's shoulders.

"First of all, don't call me a princess, I'm not one." He points out. Tay smirks again. "Second, I'm really not doing this on purpose and you need to get it out of your head." He snaps. "If I had and thing for bullies, I'd look for someone with less of an ego, believe me. Plus, you aren't even that hot."

He feels Tay's hand gripping hard around his waist. He'd love to shrug it off, but he'll fall if he does that. "I... "

There's a sharp turn of the bus and he thinks he really will fall down now when Tay grips him even tighter and brings him impossibly close.

New can feel his breath on his lips. If New tipped his head back a bit they'd be kissing. He can't breathe like this, not this close to him.

"Now that I have your attention... princess," Tay starts. He's breathing hard as well, New can tell, but he has a teasing smile playing on his lips. "I'll believe you that it's not on purpose, what keeps on happening, but that only means that you're unbelievably clumsy. Also, "

He looks into New's eyes and New's stuck. He knows there are people looking at them curiously but he can't bring himself to care. "I am that hot." New snorts. "And you don't have a thing for bullies," he pauses, "but you have a thing for me."

He whispers the last of it right against New's lips.

"I. Really. Don't." New manages to get out, voice almost steady. Almost.

Tay smiles mischievously and grabs his hand to put in on the pole. New grips it hard and before he knows it, the doors are opening and Tay is out of the bus in a second. He gives New one last look from the outside and he takes off.

It's right then that New notices that he missed his stop. Also, that the bus is almost empty now and Tay had no need to hold New for as long as he had.

New sits on the nearest seat and considers the fastest way to kill himself right now.

*

Monday mornings are the worst thing in this world, New's sure. He really doesn't want to go to university today. He wants to snuggle underneath his covers and be fast asleep.

He can't, though. He has a test today and he needs to do it, or he'll be degraded when the exams start.

He gets up and gets dressed. After that he decides that he has enough time, so he makes himself coffee, and goes through his notes again. He needs to do well on his test.

He takes a bus again and this time there is no Tay. Except in New's mind, that is. He can't say it doesn't really matter, what happened with Tay the other day, but he can't let himself care. He won't let himself care.

He was hurt once because of a guy and he promised it will never happen again. He's going to do everything to keep that promise. Tay was no one, still is no one. And New's going to keep it that way.

He's not up for dealing with stuck up idiots. Hot stuck up idiots. Ugh, he wants to slap himself.

His bus gets to its stop and New gets out. As soon as he enters the campus, there's someone calling his name. It's his colleague, Joss.

"Hey, Joss, what's up?" New says as soon as he approaches.

"New, nice to see you. You ready for the test, colleague?" He smiles.

"Haha, yeah. Gotta be, I guess."

They keep an easy banter until they get inside and throughout the day.

Joss sits with him in the back of the classroom and they sped the day talking and laughing with some other guys and girls.

When he thinks better of Joss, he's not half bad looking. He's tall, has curly hair, something similar to Off's. His eyes spark with energy and they shouldn't impress New, but they do.

He has broad shoulders and long torso. He dresses differently than all of them but that only makes him even hotter.

He likes Joss, he thinks and by the looks he gets from him sometimes, he's sure it's both-sided.