Chapter 09

It's time to go home for a bit. It's only going to be for the weekend, but he's going to see his family. He already misses them and that's not weird, they've barely separated.

New never really wanted to leave his mom. He is her only boy and fine, maybe she can deal with that shit alone, but he feels much better if he's there to support her.

The other people he's going to see are Arm and Mek. He knows that he'll spend Friday at home, but as soon as he gets up on Saturday, he's going to their place. It's sort of a tradition.

He knows what's bound to happen. He'll sleep over and they'll probably go out. Even if they stay in, they'll get so terribly drunk and spit all out, because there's always something new they have to tell each other.

It's just common for them, talking about stuff, drinking cheap beer and wine and staying up all night on their balcony, listening to music and whispering in the dark so they don't wake Arm's parents.

He can't wait, to be honest.

The first thing that happens when he opens the door of his home is that he gets dragged into a hug. It smells like love and safety. Like home.

He's got an armful of his mom. He smiles and hugs back just as strong. Call him a mommy's boy, he doesn't care. This woman is his life. Everything that he is, he owes to her.

She spent half of her life trying to give him everything he needs and to make him the best person he can be.

"My baby's home." His mom start sobbing, but happy tears in her face with a soft smile.

"Yeah, mom. Good to come back, haven't been here in a good while." He smiles so hard he thinks his face is going to break in half.

"C'mon, love. Let's get you inside. Leave your stuff in your room and come down. I've made you your favorite." She says and winks at him.

He chuckles at her and does what he said. He comes back down and says hello to his dad and sisters once he's done.

His dad looks good, mom told him that he sobered up for the last few days and his dad tells him that he's honestly trying to stop. New hopes he will. That would be the best thing to happen to his family.

Mom tells him that ever since he went to university, his father is drinking much less and they don't have trouble anymore.

New figures that it's because his dad always thought that since New was responsible and all, he'll take care of the family and that he could do whatever he wants.

When New left the house and went to a completely different city to make a better man of himself, he decided that it's time to do the same. New is very thankful for it.

They spend the rest of the day talking and laughing and New thinks that he'll be okay. They'll be okay.

As expected, Arm calls him on Saturday morning. "Newwiiiiiie! Hey bro. Are you coming over tonight? "

"Yeah, okay. Are we going out, or staying in? "

"You don't need to get all fancy and sexy for me, we're staying in." Arm teases.

"Oh, okay. Clown suit, then."

"Aahahahaha, yes!" Arm cracks up.

"Need me to bring something?"

"Booze. I'd get it myself but I'm too lazy to get out of bed and put some clothes on."

"Haha, of course. I'll get it. See you tonight, then."

"'Kay. Bye."

"Bye, Arm."

A night in. He hasn't had one of those with Arm in way too long, so it's gonna be awesome.

He's greeted by his other family as soon as he arrives at Arm's. He says hello to Arm's dad Billy and returns his mom's hug. Auntie Mau is like another mom for him. She is carefree like Arm and has those same eyes like he does.

Those that judge when you make a mistake, but still understand and shine with love and patience. He feels so happy sitting around the table with these people, drinking coffee and talking about things that do or don't matter. They matter to them, though.

Mek hugs him really, really strong, presses a wet kiss on his cheek and actually shrieks. New chuckles at his dorky friend and does the same to Mek because it feels so good to see him and hug him.

"Good to see you, New." Mek smiles and his cheeks dimple a bit. Mek's been out of the country for a bit before New left for university so he hasn't seen him for a long time. He missed his stupid jokes and the way he teased his little brother.

"You, too, buddy. You, too."

He looks at the door to find Arm there. He giggles like everyone else at the scene before him.

Arm is just standing there, grinning. His black hair is disheveled, probably because he just woke up. He's completely naked, except from his black boxers covering him.

"You are weird on so many levels." Mek tells him.

"Shut up." Arm tosses back at the same time his mom yells. "Arm! Go get dressed. I know you boys have no limits between each other, but there are people staring. "

"Point taken." New says while laughing, looking at the blushing girls and women passing by and looking at a semi-naked person on the door, and Arm just waves at them, like it's nothing.

"Idiot." New says fondly and goes to hug his friend.

Arm practically scoops him into a hug that last for too long, both of them in need of it. It's like everything is in its place now that Arm and him are here and together. This is the most of the home he's ever felt.

He was never this long without his family and friends and call him a woos, but that's the way it is.

New might pass as a careless person in most of the situations, but he likes this feeling of love and safety that these people give him. He loves them and he loves being loved by them.

"Newwwwiiiiieee", Arm sings and they both chuckle. "How are you, buddy?"

"Why don't we get inside, you put some clothes on and make us a cup of coffee and we'll talk, yeah?"

Arm laughs. "Yeah, okay. Come in."