Chapter 01

The taxi pulled over in front of New's new home. The taxi driver took his bag out of the trunk and New handed him the money for the ride. When he turned around, he saw what Gun meant by 'Devil's den'.

The building was old. Ancient, like Gun said. The walls were covered with shitty graffiti and the color was red. Of course, that's the reason Gun called it like that and not the smell of the whole street. It smelled like something that smelled awful died and then smelled even worse, right in front of this building.

Whatever, was New's first thought. It's not like they could afford something better, at least not now. This will have to do.

New picked up his bag and went inside. There wasn't an elevator and there was way too many stairs, because their condo was on the fourth floor. The condo was quite nice, though. Not too big, but also comfy.

Both Gun and he had their own rooms. There was a small kitchen on the left and a nice common room on the right.

The TV in the corner, even turned off, yelled: "No time for studying! Just watch me, bitches. I'm way more fun."

New knew better, but he wasn't sure about Gun. The bathroom looked good and there was enough space but not too much to clean.

He chose the room on the right side. They were the same, but he knew that Gun would like a better view and New wanted privacy and peace. That's why Gun got the one with the view on the street and he took one with the view on the playground and the park.

He told himself that it'll be easier if he painted the trees than the people rushing somewhere when he felt low.

Just when he was about to put his stuff into the closet, he heard the door open and then someone was yelling his name and jumping onto his back in seconds. He didn't have to turn to know who it was.

"Newwiee!!" Gun smacked a wet kiss on his cheek. It made New laugh hard, but that was a normal reaction when it came to Gun. "How was your trip? You tired, babe?"

"Hi, Gun." New couldn't deny it. "Yeah, I'm knackered from the trip and all I wanna do is get in my bed and sleep 'till tomorrow." New looked over his shoulder to see Gun grinning. "But you're not gonna let me off the hook, right."

It wasn't a question.

Gun knew it and he only smirked at New and jumped off his back, grinning again. "Oh, come on. I haven't seen you in a while. I've been abroad for a month, didn't you miss me?" Gun teased.

"No." But New's smile showed his fondness.

"I gotta tell you everything, Thitipoom. I think I'm in loooove." Gun sang.

This got the most of the New's attention and he gave Gun' a look. "What? You, Gun Attaphan?" New was genuinely surprised.

Since he met Gun for the first time, he knew that the only thing Gun cared about was basically everything aside from love.

That's why they understood each other when it came to relationships. They fell in love, got hurt and everything that had to do with love was forgotten then and there.

It was a silent promise between the two of them. But if his friend found happiness, New will be happy for him. "Who is it then? Is it a girl or a guy?" New asked.

"A guy. I met him back in Phuket. His name is Off Jumpol. He's starting university right here, this year, so I'll probably see him again. He has beautiful eyes, fair skin, a head that's pretty smart under that huge pile of black hair, and the height, New. The height." Gun was screeching by now and New was amused.

He'd love to see Gun when Off's around. He was sure his friend got tomato-red every time Off flashed him even a sideways smile.

New laughed. "I'd love to meet him. I hope he's a good guy and he won't fuck it up. He'll have to deal with me if he does." He put his serious face for a second to prove a point.

He really would beat someone for Gun. He already did. His memories go back to the night when they we're really drunk and Gun got in trouble with some guy.

New got him before Gun could even blink. No one fucks with his friends. Gun cooing brought him back.

"Aw, my big Hat Yai boy", Gun winked.

"Told you not to call me like that, Gun Gun." New smirked and Gun stuck his tongue in response.

"He's a good guy, really. I just don't understand why he's friends with those idiots." Gun looked thoughtful for a minute.

"What do you mean?"

"He's best friends with the resident bad boys, and I don't mean like you. These guys wear knives and act tough all the time. They're a bunch of rich, stupid idiots. Oh and everyone loves them."

"And Off's different?"

"Yes, Off's different."

"Okay, then."

"Okay."

They looked at each other and smiled warmly. Then Gun went to his room to unpack while he left New to do the same.

When he finished, he called his mom and they talked for a while. He told her about the city and the condo, and Gun that came into the room and took his phone away.

"Hi, Auntie. Yes, everything's fine. He's okay, really. Yes. Yes. Of course, immediately. Okay, I will. Good night. Love you too. "

He turned to New. "Up you get. You have to eat, your mom sounded really worried and said that I had to feed you. She also said she loves you and good night." Gun smiled bashfully.

New looked at him in disbelief and then shook his head fondly. "Why do I even get surprised after all these years?"

Gun beamed at him. "She adores me and trusts me. So, wanna eat half of the bag of chips I have left? We can drink some vodka that I brought from Phuket, watch a movie and call it a night?"

New laughed. "I'm on dinner duty. Go set up a movie, while I make us something to eat."

"Yup!!" Gun chirped and went to the living room.

They stayed up all night watching romantic comedies, cuddled up on the sofa, drinking beer because Gun forgot the vodka in Phuket. If this is how it's going to be, New has no problems with it.