Chapter 10

They all sit together and drink coffee. Billy tells him about a new job deal he's got with some company. He's been unemployed for moths and they have had a hard time getting by.

Mau keeps looking at him and New can tell that she's tired from it all, but she's the pillar of this family and she's never going to stop fighting for them.

Both of them ask New how things are going with his university and he tells them that it's a bit tough, but he'll manage. He's studying what he loves and the other things will fall into place eventually. He adds that he's looking for a job to relieve his parents off some pressure and they smile encourage him to do that.

They also have dinner together. Mau made their favorite and they all laugh because it's a hard meal to make, but she always does it when New comes over. They finish it all and excuse themselves to go into Arm's room.

As soon as they get inside, they lock the door and go sit on the balcony. It's a bit chilly outside and New wonders how the hell did Arm manage to get outside to greet him in just his boxers considering he's always cold, but he figures Arm just did it for a laugh.

They sit on the blanket.

"So, boys, what's new?" New asks.

Mek and Arm look at each other. Mek smirks and Arm snorts, which provokes Mek to laugh hysterically.

"Okay..." New gets out while watching his friends. "What gives?"

"Mek is being ridiculous, as always." Arm says grumpily.

"You're just being annoying" Mek says. "I got back with my ex and you know how he feels about that one." He explains.

"Oh I absolutely love her. I just wanna choke her to death after what she's done to you and you because you always fucking forgive her." Arm shots back.

"Back with Jenna, then? Hum, I have to admit that I'm not fond of that one either. Sorry pal. " New says.

Jenna and her brother Justin are a couple of stuck up kids that only think about money and they like to make use of people as much as they can. But Mek doesn't see it. He's in love like a fool and he doesn't see things like other people do. New and Arm are afraid he might get hurt badly if he doesn't open them soon.

"Ah, whatever. The two of you are insane." He sticks his tongue out.

"Mature, bro." Arm deadpans.

It's really chilly outside so New cuddles close to Arm.

"What about you, A?" New smiles and Arm blushes because he knows what New's asking.

"Oh shut up. "Arm says, but his lips are curling up.

The three of them laugh. "What's new, New?" Arm asks.

It's been a while since Mek told them that he's too tired and he went to bed.

Arm and he were left alone and they just spent a few minutes in silence, just enjoying each other's company.

"Nothing special. University's going good. It's a bit hard, but I'll manage. " He smiles. "I've made good friends, we hang out together when we finish on classes, drink coffees, go out and stuff. And after a long day, I come home to find Gun cuddled up to Off and everything's in place."

"Yeah, Off. I didn't think it would get serious, knowing Gun the way I do." Arm confesses. "I always thought you'd get your shit together and he'll be the one sleeping around and doing shit. It's more like him than like you." Arm looks guilty for the confession, but New just shakes his head.

"You're right, A. I've been acting really bad lately. I mean, it was like that even before I left Hat Yai, but I've been acting even worse in Bangkok. It's like I don't have any lines drawn between good things and the bad ones, I don't know." New admits.