Chapter 11

Note: I probably got mix up with their friends and had no time to review. But I will re-read it once I'm done. Please help me by pointing it out when reading. Love you :)

*******

As much as he'd love to stay at home, New knows that he has to leave for university. It's been a wonderful weekend with his family and friends, but there are other more important things he needs to take care of. His exams start in a couple of weeks and he needs to study, which is not going to happen if he stays here. He also needs to see Gun.

It's a constant battle for New to get everywhere in time and to see everyone. His mom tells him that he should spend more time thinking about himself, but she doesn't understand that they are his life and he needs them in it or he will not be okay.

His mom cries again when he's about to leave but New knows she'll be fine. She just misses him too much. She made him apple pie and sandwiches for the road and gave him some extra money to buy something that he needed. He kisses her cheek and hugs her tightly.

"You take care of yourself, okay? And take care of Gun. I love that boy like he was one of my own and I want the two of you to watch out for each other now." She says.

"Yes, mom. I'll give him a hundred hugs and kisses and I'll say they're all from you. And we'll take care, mom. Don't' worry." New rolls his eyes.

"Good boy."

"Bye mom."

"Bye, love." She smiles at him.

He kisses his sisters and gives Sammy a long tight hug and he's out the door.

His dad is on the porch. "Hey son. I just wanted to say goodbye without all these women inside."

His dad smiles at him.

"Yeah, dad. I know. You'll be okay. You need me to stay and help with something? I could..." New starts but his dad shakes his head.

"No, New. Everything will be just fine. I'm doing well lately and I think it will keep being that way. Your mom has been very supportive about it and the girls are smiling again. That's what has me going." He says.

"That's great, dad. I'm so happy for you. "They hug and his father goes inside while New goes for his bus stop.

*

"All done, Mix?" Tay asks.

"Yup, Off's on his way to pick those two up." Mix says on the phone.

"Did you..."

"No, Tay. Off doesn't know a thing. I still don't understand why I couldn't tell him, but it was your choice and I respect it, as always."

"Good, buddy. You did the right thing." And Tay hangs up.

He knows this is all wrong, but he needs to do what everyone else expects from him or he'll lose the respect that he has at this point.

He thinks about it sometimes. He asks himself what would be with his life if he didn't do things this way. And then he reminds himself that he did and that there is no going back. It is what it is.

He's still in front of New's place and he's been there for hours. He needs to go through this, no matter how hard it is. Around eight, he sees New get out of the house.

He says his goodbyes to his father, Tay assumes and the man goes inside leaving New all by himself. This is it.

"You know the plan, boys?"

"Yep!"

"Good. Now bring him to me."

*

New was walking really fast because he needed to get on his bus and on his train. Saying goodbye to everyone took more time than he thought.

He picks his pocket in a search for his phone. When he's about to pull it out if falls to the ground.

He sighs, because this happens to him all the fucking time and when he bends to retrieve it from the ground he feels a sudden sharp pain on the back of his head and everything goes dark.

*

"Tay!" He hears Off calling his name.

"Over here!" He shouts back.

Off approaches him and the boy's panting because he ran. "I'm here, what's up? Mix told me to come to this address to pick you up."

He looks at the three leaning on the trunk of Tay's car. "What the hell did you do?!"

"None of your business, Off!" Earth shouts.

Tay just spares him a glance and he shuts the hell up.

"Don't worry, Off." Tay says. "He'll be completely fine, you don't need to worry about anything. Just get these two home so they don't miss their classes tomorrow."

They try to protest, but they still obey and go wait in Off's car.

"Tay, tell me." Off starts. "Did you do something bad? Who's in the trunk?"

"Don't worry, babe. It's alright. I'm just pulling a prank on someone, but don't tell the rest of the boys, k?" Tay kisses Off's forehead. It's a brotherly thing they have going on.

Even though Off has a really bad feeling about the person in the trunk, he nods because Tay wouldn't lie to him, right?

"Yeah, okay. I'll leave you to it. " Off turns to leave but says. "Be careful."

Tay nods and gets into the car and drives off.

*