Chapter 28

He stirs away from his sleep from the sound of a motorcycle engine roaring down his street. Damn it, he was having a good rest and now it's over. He turns his head from the ceiling to the window to let the morning sun wake him up slowly. He stretches his arms above his head yawning.

New has spent the last week at home with his family. He didn't have classes, so he decided that he doesn't need to go Bangkok for nothing. He can be a lazy ass at home, too.

Gun went back on Sunday morning with a horrible attitude given the fact that he drank his weight in alcohol the night before.

He heard from Tay almost every night. The guys and he were in Italy by this point, in some little town New can't name right now because he was too busy paying attention to the sound of Tay's voice, than to what he was actually telling him.

They didn't see each other for almost ten days now. Most of the people would be going crazy by now and they'd do everything for the sake of seeing each other, but New was okay with Tay being gone for so long.

He knows that Tay's had it bad for the last few months and that he needs to get away. He also knows that those five idiots he calls friends are the most important thing in his life and that they're keeping him safe and happy, or reverse, doesn't matter.

New is glad everything is okay for a moment and then he snorts to himself. He has a feeling that it's not going to be like that for much longer. This is too good to be true.

He shakes his head and gets out of the bed to get down for breakfast. Arm's friend Tap has a birthday on Saturday night. Mek, Arm and New have a lot of more important things to do and they have to study for really important exams, so of course they ditch everything and they go to the party.

They arrive at ten, so almost everyone is already here. They hug Tap and give him their best wishes and then they're headed to their booth. They don't really expect to get that drunk, but around half twelve Arm's dead to the world, sleeping on his chair and snoring loudly. So embarrassing, but New smiles fondly.

When he enters the bathroom a few minutes after leaving Arm with some friends, he finds Mek making out with some girl. She's not even that pretty, New thinks, but she was playing around with them the whole night and unlike New, Mek couldn't resist.

He looks up to find New glaring at him, but he just flips him off and goes back to the girl. New is stunned, because he knows that Mek loves Jenna, but he finds himself not caring that much and he smirks and goes back to the party.

He doesn't care about anything at this point and as he gives in to the alcohol and the blasting music. They drink even more and dance with everyone who comes up to them. He makes the biggest mistake in the meanwhile, but he doesn't even understand he made it.

They go home around two in the morning, Mek and he practically carrying Arm and trying to make him stay quiet so they don't wake up Arm's parents.

They put Arm in his bed, while Mek and New fall into another one. His dreams are a bit foggy, but all he sees clearly are Tay's colorless eyes.

*

They came back yesterday, but not a day can go by that Tay does not see these guys. He'll never get tired of them. When he's the happiest, these guys make it even better with their crazy and endless energy and when he's at his worst, they do the same.

They decided to go out tonight, to celebrate the fact that they had the most amazing time in the places that they visited. Right now, they're in the club they always go to. It's Tay's favorite place in Bangkok.

Tay's head is buzzing. He knows he has to drive them home and he knows that he should probably stop drinking this much and be a bit more responsible than the others, but he still downs all the shots Earth brings him.

He loses himself in the sea of bodies soon enough after drinking eight. Some slutty girl asks him for a dance and he lets her guide him until they're completely pressed against each other. She grinds her hips onto his and whispers dirty nothings into his neck while her cherry lips trace a path on his skin until she suddenly sucks a mark there.

Tay moans and he knows it's going to be a huge one. He ducks his head as she lifts her head up and kisses him sloppily.

The beat of the music changes and he suddenly realizes what's happening. He tries to push her back gently, but she doesn't want to let go. He fists a hand into her hair and pulls hard until she lets go. He pushes her away and storms out of the club.

As soon as he gets out, he breaths in heavily the cold air, letting it fill his lungs and sober him up. His mind screams a name and his lips form a frown as he realizes what he's done.