Chapter 33

Tay looks at this stupid boy in his arms. The way he breathes against his neck and curls so naturally to him. He thinks about how much he fights to stay strong and not to have a single care in the world, making himself look so savage to everyone else.

But Tay has seen it, how much he really cares and how much of himself he gives away to everyone he loves. It's kind of dizzying, the way New loves. Tay knows how much he's fighting this thing the two of them have, but still can't hide the way he feels about him. He looks so young and peaceful, Tay thinks.

He kisses New's head softly and New sighs contently in his sleep. There's no space left for doubt. Tay is irrevocably in love with New and there's no going back this time. He's so fucked, he thinks as he smiles against New's head.

His phone going off wakes him up. It takes a few seconds to remembers that he's at New's place and not in his condo. New's not beside him, though. He can hear him shuffling through the kitchen as he gets up and stretches slowly.

He's reluctant to pick up, seeing Krist's name flash across the screen. It's probably something that can wait. He ignores his phone as he gets up and goes into the kitchen, following the rich smell of coffee.

New's sitting on the chair beside the counter, sipping his coffee and reading something from his notebook. Tay smiles at the way his hair's disheveled and sticking out in million directions. He comes up behind him, wrapping his arms around him. New practically jumps in his chair, startling because he wasn't expecting it.

"Morning." Tay says, his lips brushing over the nape of New's neck. New visibly relaxes.

"Morning." He says right back. There's an uneasy tone in his voice and Tay cringes at it. New's still trying to fight him. "Why are you up?" Tay asks softly.

New sighs. "I have a test next week. It's very important and I have to pass, so I'm using every spare moment to get ready for it."

Tay chuckles. "Not even a little break?" He smiles against New's neck kissing at the skin where his neck meets his shoulder.

New scoffs. "I'm not fucking this up."

"I'm not saying you are." Tay bargains. "You'll learn everything easier if you relax a bit."

New turns around in his chair to give Tay a challenging look. "And how exactly am I supposed to relax when you keep trying to steal my attention and divert me from studying?"

Tay steps in between his legs, his hands resting on New's hips while he slots their bodies together. "I think I know a way." He licks at New's neck and smiles against the bruise he left there. New's hands slide into his hair as he keeps littering kisses over his neck.

"I don't like you're your ways, Tay." He says and pulls hard on his hair. Tay bites his jaw in retaliation. "Especially if the story ends with me hard as fuck, bruised and alone in a university bathroom."

Tay pulls back to smirk at New. He pulls him in even closer, their lips only inches away from the others'. "You think you deserved better?" Tay says. "Both of us, after what we did?" He adds.

New's expression hardens and his lips tremble when he speaks. "Then why are you here?" He shots right back.

Tay smiles. "You still haven't figured that out?" He says cheekily.

New shakes his head and Tay leans in, their lips almost touching. And that his phone goes off and he groans, crashing his forehead with New's. New can't help but laugh.

Tay pulls back reluctantly, and pull out his phone out of his pocket answering the phone call.

"What?" He snaps.