Chapter 12

New's head is in so much pain. He thinks about talking but his mouth is dry. When he tries to move, he finds out that his hands and legs are tied up. He starts panicking, but he can't even see a thing because there's a blindfold covering his eyes. He only feels the ground that he's on moving and he figures that he's in a car.

Abducted? He, out of all other people? He doesn't understand what's going on. He finally gets his voice back and he starts calling for help, but nothing happens and he can't do anything but wait for them to let him out.

That what happens, but after a good while, the car suddenly stops and he hears the door opening and then slamming again. Then, he can't hear anything for a whole minute, before the trunk opens and cool night air fills his lungs.

Strong hands turn him around and lift him up. He tries to out on a fight, but that only result's in the person to almost drop him.

"Fuck! Stay still!" The voice is familiar.

"Let me go! What the hell do you want for me?!" New shouts.

"Keep your voice down, for the beginning. I'm going to put you down, but you are not to move or scream, is that clear?" The guy says with a deathly grip on New.

"Yeah, just... please." He's terrified. The guy puts him down and helps him keep his balance while holding his shoulders.

"You okay?"

"Why do you give a shit? You hit me on the back of my head, put me into a trunk and God knows what're you gonna do with me next. What do you need? I don't have money for this and..."

"Shut up!" The guy insists.

"No, what do you want f..." New stops in the middle of a sentence because he's forcefully pushed back and his back hits the car. The guy comes close to him rips the blindfold off New's eyes and looks at him angrily.

"Some respect would be awesome." Tay says and New is left speechless.

"You?" New is stunned.

He expected some old, hairy, overweight guy, but not this. This couldn't be happening.

"Why so surprised? I think I told you needed to be taught a lesson." Tay says.

"I can't believe the nerve of you!" New shouts. "You did this because you have some sick need to prove something? You let me go in this very instant!"

*

Tay is sick of this and he clasps a hand over New's mouth and gets into his personal space. He looks him straight in the eyes.

"I said be quiet!" He whispers but it's clear as a shout. "You're lucky it was me and not one of my guys to find you first. They would break every single bone in your body if they thought that's what I want." Tay says. "Will you be quiet?"

New manages to nod. He removes his hand from New's mouth but stays close enough.

"Don't you want to?" New asks and Tay looks at him curiously. "Break every bone in my body." New clarifies.

Tay looks sad and disappointed for a moment and New doesn't know what to think. "I will not harm you. I kidnapped you by myself for a reason." He points out.

New doesn't look like he trusts him so Tay gets on his knees and undoes the rope that has New's legs tied together. When he removes the rope he slightly massages the spot where it hurt New's skin, New uses the moment to try and escape. He goes to hit Tay in the stomach but Tay dodges it and gets up quickly, grabbing New's waist to stop him from moving.

"Stop it! I told you I'm not going to hurt you." Tay says angrily.

"Then what do you want?!"

"I told you, respect. I will let you free, I'll drive you home safely, but you need to learn your lesson."

"What kind of lesson? What do you want me to do?" New is desperate at this point.

Tay looks at him sternly. "You will not shout at me in front of other people. You will not look at me the wrong way or talk shit about me, nor will you tell anyone what happened tonight. For everyone else to know, I gave you a lesson and you respect me. Clear?" Tay growls.

"Yes. Now can you set me free? My hands hurt." Tay just stood there. New gulped. "Please?" He looked at the ground.

He didn't understand anything that Tay said, but he just lived one of the most horrific moments of his life and he'll do anything Tay wants.

Tay gets close enough to him so he can untie his hands too. He throws away the ropes away and caresses New's hurt wrists. "Do they hurt?" He asks and even though New shakes his head, Tay knows he's lying. "C'mon. Let's go."

He takes New to the other door. "Where?" New asks shakily.

"I'm taking you home, get in." He doesn't understand what happened, but obeys because not obeying apparently got him into this mess.

Tay starts the car and drives off to Bangkok. It's been half an hour into the ride and no one said a word.

New has so many questions but doesn't know how to start. He's getting all squirmy and antsy.

"What?" Tay says annoyed. New looks at him. "What do you want to say? You can, I don't bite."

"You don't?"

"No, unless you ask for it." Tay smirks and New blushes. How can Tay be so random?

"Why are you like this? I don't understand what's going on. No one can even direct you a word without trembling. You're like this big boss in the city or something like that, I don't know."

"Something like that." That's everything he gets from Tay.

"That's all I get in response?" New asks, incredulous.

"Look, New. It's none of your business, okay? The more you know about this, worse for you. I'm not gonna tell you." Tay shots back.

"Like you care." New huffs.

"You think I don't?" Tay's skeptical, now. "You would be murdered in cold blood if I had done what they expect me to do. But I didn't. I'm going to let you leave unharmed from all of this and I'm going to lie to my men. Just..." He sighs. "I'm not that big of a monster as you think I am." He says and stops the car.

This is when New realizes that they're at New's condo.

Tay gets out of the car and grabs New's bags from the back seat. New gets out and follows Tay who's already going inside while carrying his bags.

They get on New's floor and Tay unlocks the door and gets inside.

New has no idea how he knew where New lived or how he found his key.

"I learned MY lesson." Tay explains and New rolls his eyes and goes to take off his shoes when he hears Tay shift.

New finds him really close.

Tay crowds him up and his back hit the wall. He's got both of his hands on the wall on the either side of New's head and he lowers his head so they're on the same level. "I shouldn't pay so much attention to you. I'm going to get punished for letting you go if you open your mouth. I'm risking so much."

"Th.. then why did you do it?" New asks shakily. Tay's gaze drops to his lips and he lowers his head until their lips are almost brushing...

"Fuck." Tay swears and then he's out of the condo in a second leaving a wide-eyed New alone.

New slumps down and just sits right there on the ground and just breathes. He feels like he hasn't done it in hours.