Chapter 20

Gun has a terrible hangover in the morning and doesn't get out of the bed even to go to the university.

New tries to talk to him and Gun promises to tell him later on, but he refuses to move. New gives up eventually and decides that he's going to please him. He gets ready and goes to his classes.

He's tries his best to listen to his professors and after hours of trying to be calm and to listen, he's the first out of the door after only the half of his classes are over.

As soon as he gets out, he lights up. He's nervous after last night. He has no fucking idea what's wrong with Gun and he wants to help, but he has a feeling that Gun would refuse.

The conversation with Singto and Mix left him more than restless. He has three thousand different feelings creeping through his body and he doesn't know what to do about it.

And if that wasn't enough, the rain starts falling, it starts pouring, to be exact. He didn't think of bringing an umbrella because he didn't have brains to think. He just stands there, already completely wet when someone speaks.

"You don't look very comfortable." Tay teases.

New smiles in spite of himself, but doesn't turn around to face him. "I hate the rain."

Tay doesn't say anything, so New turns around to face him. "You cold?"

Tay's much closer than he thought, but he doesn't mind at all. New nods and Tay smiles.

"Need a ride home?" Tay offers.

"I can't go home. Gun..." New sighs and closes his eyes.

"I know, I heard." Tay says softly. It's a bit quiet for a moment. "You're soaking wet." Tay says and New looks up at him.

"You too." He tosses back.

"Well, we better get out of these wet clothes then." He smirks and New blushes. Tay laughs. "C'mon."

He takes New's hand and leads him to his car.

New goes obediently and Tay smiles the whole time. They get in the car and Tay drives off. The whole ride is spent with New teasing Tay about his taste in music, while little blush creeps from the bottom of Tay's neck.

Tay groans and turns off the radio and the rap songs coming from it are cut off, leaving them to laugh it all off. It's more comfortable than New thought it would be.

They stop in front of a building and New finally remembers the that Tay never told him where they were going and he was too busy looking at the way Tay's eyes crinkle when he smiles to ask.

"This is where I live." Tay explains and he gets out of the car. New follows him out of the car and up the stairs. As soon as Tay unlocks the door and they walk in, New gets hit by the familiar smell of Tay.

"Make yourself at home and I'll get you something else to wear, okay?" Tay says and breaks New out of the trance he didn't know he was in.

"Yeah." New stands weirdly while Tay goes to what New assumes is his room.

He hears him opening his closet and scrambling through it. After a minute he exits the room with dry clothes in his hands.

"The bathroom's on the left, you can change in there." He says and hands New the clothes.

"Thank you." New says and leaves Tay on the spot where he was a second ago.

He enters the bathroom and takes off his wet clothes, putting on Tay's. The plain white T-shirt Tay gave him also smells like him. New smiles at that while he puts on black sweatpants that are big on him, but he doesn't mind. He takes his wet clothes and puts them on the pole above the bathtub to dry.

He takes a look at himself in the huge mirror on the wall, fixes his hair the best way that he can just by using his hands and sighs. It will have to do. He looks different in Tay's clothes and wonders if Tay will like it or not.

Exiting the bathroom he almost trips and falls. His nerves are killing him. He can't find Tay anywhere, so he enters the living room.

It's huge, that's the first impression. There are some decorations on the golden-black painted walls and a big TV hanging on the fall in front of a giant black leather sofa. Black tiles should be cold under his feet but they don't feel like that. They're warm.

He notices pictures on the shelves and he comes closer to take a look. It's Tay when he was a kid. His eyes are the same brown and they crinkle the same. His hair's a bit shorter, but it's definitely Tay. New loves it.

There's a woman holding a baby on the other pictures. A baby that New assumes is Tay. She has the same brown eyes and a warm smile as she looks down at him. New can feel the closeness.

"It's my mom." Tay says from behind him. New snaps back and turns around.

Tay smiles tightly and looks at the picture for a moment. New feels guilty for invading his privacy.

"I'm sorry." He apologizes.

Tay looks at him and says. "Tea?"

"Yeah." New says. Tay nods and disappears into the kitchen.

New sighs and goes to sit on the sofa. He wonders if maybe coming here with Tay wasn't such a good idea after all.

Tay comes in after a few minutes bringing two mugs and gives one to New. He sits next to him on the sofa while they drink in silence. You could cut the tension in the air with a knife.

Tay turns to him with a determined expression. "I'm going to tell you everything." He says softly. "I want you to know what you're dealing with."

New shivers in anticipation, but nods and takes Tay's hand in his. Tay grips it tight and sighs.

And then he does what he promised.