Chapter 07

They go out that night and they go so terribly drunk that he ends up giving a blowjob to some guy behind the club with him pulling hard on New's hair and moaning when he came without a warning down New's throat.

He pulls his softening prick out of his mouth and gets up so the guy can jerk him off. He comes after a while with the guy telling him just how beautiful he is and asks him for a date, but New just zips his pants and goes inside without a word.

He was a terrible fuck.

He doesn't find Gun inside, though. He picks his pocket in search of phone and finds a message from Gun:

"U just disappeared with that man n I called Off. Heading 2 the condo. :D Hope he was a good fuck. :* ;)"

He glared at the phone for a second or two and ordered another colorful drink, one of those that Gun makes him drink and that make him nicely buzzed just after the third one. This is his seventh, though, or eight. He lost count.

This time he ends up dancing with some girls with the music so loud, he doesn't even hear the name of the girl he ends up going home with.

All he remembers before he agrees to go with her is the brown in her eyes.

He wakes up in the middle of the night in an unfamiliar room and in a bed that is not his, next to a girl whose name he doesn't remember. His head is still spinning and he still feels the beat of the music running through his veins and the alcohol too.

He gets out of the bed carefully and slowly puts his clothes on, so he doesn't wake her up. He really doesn't want to do the walk of shame, as Gun calls it. He puts is shoes on and show himself out.

The walk home is a long one, considering he didn't call for a cab and it's freezing outside. The good thing about it is that he sobers up completely by the time he gets home.

The lights are off and Off and Gun are asleep on the sofa in the living room. Gun's practically on top of Off and the other boy just sleeps peacefully even though New knows how heavy Gun is. He might be tiny, but the fucker is really heavy.

He goes to his room, and sits beside the open window. He thinks about what happened last night. This isn't like him. Well, at least it wasn't before.

He used to think there's true love waiting for everyone and that everyone had their soul mate. But then his first love broke his heart and he was left hurt and alone.

Then Gun appeared in his life with his own sad love story and New just let it all go to hell. Everyone says that it's normal to hook up with strangers because no one cares and no one gets hurt in the end and that's why he likes it.

He likes sex, loves the rush in his blood from the alcohol, likes knowing that he makes someone feel good and he gets the same in return. But there's a part of him that is full of remorse and he feels like shit the next day.

Fucking conscience, he thinks to himself. He gets up and goes to bed.

*

He's not hungover in the morning, thankfully.

He finds Gun and Off drinking coffee and they offer him some. He takes the offer and sits next to Gun.

"How was your night, Newwiee?" Gun asks and New recognizes the teasing in his voice.

"How was yours?" New shots right back.

Off blushes and Gun just smirks at him. "Amazing, as usual. Now answer my question." New groans.

"That bad, ha? That guy was quite good looking if I may say so."

"He was awful. I wouldn't have even gone outside with him if it wasn't for those drinks you made me drink. They destroy me every time."

"Well, I'm sorry, but isn't that the whole point?" Gun smiles bashfully. "Besides, you looked fucked out."

"I went home with a girl. I don't even know her name." New says.

"Was it worth it?" Off chirps in, his arm slung around Gun's shoulders.

"I don't remember. It seemed a good idea at the moment." He sighs and takes another sip of his coffee.

"Did you have to do the walk of shame? Did she cry? Did she slap you?" Gun teases.

"I snuck out before she got up."

"Good boy." Gun pats him on the back.

"Well, I've learned my lesson after a while." New points out.

"I bet you did." Gun says and turns to Off. "Our Newwiee here had a lot of interesting moments with his one night stands. For example, there was this one guy, um, what was his name New? Kenneth?"

"Kayavine." New puts in and sighs. That was the worst one night stand he's ever had.

"Yes, yes. Kaye the moron, as I liked to call him. He was New's one night man. He really was hot, I admit, but he became a right creep the morning after. New didn't sneak out like he usually did and he decided to stay the night. When he woke up in the morning, he found Kayavine sitting at the end of the bed gazing at him. He tried to get out of the bed and out of his condo, but the creep wouldn't let him. 

He said that he thinks he found the love of his life and that he wouldn't let him go. New had to put up quite a struggle to get out. Once he did, he went straight home thinking he was safe. His mom called him down after a moment. There was a guest waiting for New, guess who?"

Gun grimaced and New joined in. "He brought flowers and a ring and wanted to propose to him. His dad went crazy, called the police and Kaye the moron got a restraining order. End of the story."

"That's why I never sleep over." New admits. "It scared the shit out of me and my family."

"Damn, who knew?" Off looks genuinely worried. "I'd stop with the one night stands if I were you, man."

They all chuckle.

They drink their coffee and watch Doctor Who reruns, even if they'd all seen it before. New thinks about his actions from the last night again and wants to say that he's sorry for what happened, but he's really not.

He did this all the time and Gun too, before Off. It's a normal thing. He's human and his need for sex is understandable. The fact that he doesn't want a relationship with someone also is. He got hurt badly when he was too young and he doesn't want to go through it again.

It might be irrational, but that's how it is. Arm could talk for hours about how New is being stupid and that he needs someone in his life or that pain will stay there forever. He worries too much, New thinks.

He finds himself thinking about being in a relationship and he knows he'd be the one to fuck it up.

Arm's different. He got also hurt, but he got over it and New knows that he'll find someone who's good for him. Who knows? Maybe it's this Alice girl he keeps mentioning. New smiles at the thought.

Arm told him that she sits behind him in classes and that they have coffee together sometimes, with other friends, of course. He said that he looks at him like she wants something and that she teases him a lot.

He also sent him s picture of her and New told him that she's a beauty. Arm showed him the finger and New laughed. It's going to happen and he knows it. New just wants Arm to be happy again.